Visit to Windsor Castle and Afternoon Tea for Two
Virgin Experience Days Voucher
- 1 reviews rated 5 stars
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Explore the largest inhabited castle in the world and the residence of the Queen. Windsor Castle is an important part of British Royal heritage and dates back over 900 years. Discover the magnificently furnished rooms with fine works of art in the State Apartments including work by Rembrandt, Rubens, Canaletto and Gainsborough.
Our guide to Visit to Windsor Castle and Afternoon Tea for Two
Take a trip to Windsor Castle and visit the biggest inhabited castle in the world and still home to the Queen. Discover the tombs of St George’s Chapel, one of the finest works of Gothic architecture in England, where Henry the eighth and Charles the first lay at rest.
One of the highlights of your visit will be viewing the most famous doll’s house in the world that once belonged to Queen Mary. You will also learn of the fire that nearly destroyed the castle in 1992.
After your tour, you will get to enjoy an afternoon tea at The Castle Hotel, complete with finger sandwiches, an array of cakes, homemade scones and freshly brewed tea or coffee. The afternoon tea will make a marvellous end you royal day out at the castle.
This experience is a great idea for a gift, as you don’t have to commit the recipient to a particular date – the choice is theirs! A voucher will be uploaded to your customer account. Simply follow the instructions on your voucher to book your experience. Your voucher is open-dated and valid for 12 months.
Windsor Castle is open Thursday to Monday: March to October 10.00 - 17.15 (Last admission 16.00), November to February 10.00 to 16.15 (last admission 15.00) Restrictions to availability including 27 December to 1 January (inclusive) will apply. Afternoon tea is available to book between 12.00 and 17.00, seven days a week, subject to availability.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Visit to Windsor Castle and Afternoon Tea for Two
- Minimum age: 16.
- A reasonable level of fitness is desirable as some walking is involved.
- Most public areas at Windsor Castle, including the State Apartments, are accessible for wheelchair users. Wheelchairs can be borrowed free of charge from the Visitor Centre, but cannot be pre-booked and must remain in the Castle grounds. There is good disabled access to the Castle Hotel for your afternoon tea.
- If you have any disability or illness that may prevent you from taking part in the experience you should discuss this with the centre before booking. Please also advise the centre on booking of any dietary requirements.
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary.
- We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available before the expiry date listed on the voucher. All bookings are subject to availability.
- This experience is a great idea for a gift, as you don’t have to commit the recipient to a particular date – the choice is theirs! A voucher which will be sent to you. Simply follow the instructions on your voucher. Your voucher is open-dated and valid for 12 months. Please note you must have booked and taken your experience before the expiry date.
- You will receive a gift pack with a personalised voucher.
- Afternoon tea is available to book between 12.00 and 17.00, seven days a week, subject to availability.
- Windsor Castle is open Thursday to Monday: March to October 10.00 - 17.15 (Last admission 16.00), November to February 10.00 to 16.15 (last admission 15.00) Restrictions to availability including 27 December to 1 January (inclusive) will apply.
- State Apartments may be closed for special occasions. When the State Apartments are closed, the voucher will not be valid. As a working Royal palace, the Castle is used frequently by The Queen for State ceremonies and official entertaining, and closures can occasionally occur at short notice.
- Please note Queen Mary's Dolls House at Windsor Castle is closed to visitors until further notice as it is undergoing restoration.
- From November, work to enlarge and reconfigure the Windsor Castle Admissions Centre will begin. The changes will create a faster and more efficient entrance for their visitors, as well as a new view of the Castle for all to enjoy at the start of their visit. The works are being carefully phased, and the Admissions Centre will remain fully operational throughout.
- As a guideline, you should allow at least 2 hours for your visit to the Castle but there is no limit to the visiting time.
- A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
- Cancellation Policy: Once you make a booking with an experience operator you are bound by their terms and conditions. Make sure you understand their rules regarding changing or cancelling a booking (particularly at short notice) as a refund will not be offered in the case of infringement of these rules. The Cancellation Indemnity policy may provide a replacement voucher in the event of cancellation by the participant owing to circumstances beyond their control.
- Please Note: It can take up to 72 hours to receive documentation
- Please do not book your transportation until you have confirmed your date of visit because the experience is subject to availability.