The View from The Shard Admission
4.5 stars: Based on 12 reviews via
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Situated at the top of London’s tallest building, The View from The Shard - located on the 69th and 72nd floor - offers unrivalled 360-degree panoramic views, stretching over 40 miles of London’s skyline for as far as the eye can see! There's also chance to include a glass of Champagne with your ticket.
Our guide to The View from The Shard
The equivalent of the height of 57 double-decker buses, The View from The Shard - London's highest viewing gallery - is a must-do for all London visitors, enabling guests to experience the capital like never before. Your journey begins in the extraordinary high-speed lifts that carry you to the show-stopping heights of Level 69 and Level 72 where viewing galleries, two Moet & Chandon Champagne bars, and more await.
Level 69 is indoors and offers guests comfortable, unparalleled 360-degree views for up to 40 miles taking in all of the city's iconic landmarks at once. From the ‘open-air skydeck’ on Level 72, kick back, relax and feel the sun (hopefully!) on your face and the breeze in your hair as you gaze down at the city below. Unforgettable!
Average 4.5 out of 5 (12 customer reviews)
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for The View from The Shard Admission
- The View from The Shard Standard Admission is an extremely popular attraction and with the current capacity restrictions specific 15-minute time slots can sell out. The exact time of visit is not guaranteed until we send out your attraction documentation. If your requested time is not available you will be confirmed on a time slot within 15-30 minutes of your original choice.
- There is no time limit for your visit to The View - enjoy the experience at your leisure. The average view time is around 90 minutes.
- The View from The Shard closes one hour after the final admission time.
- The View from The Shard is over 1000 feet from ground level so any clients suffering vertigo or any similar related issues enter the View entirely at their own risk.
- Children aged three and under do not require a ticket to visit The View from The Shard.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult otherwise they may be refused entry. Parents of young children should be aware that The View from The Shard has floor to ceiling glass
- Disabled Access: There are two express lifts that will take you up to floor 69. There are 2 flights of stairs up to The View. Additional provision is provided for those that are unable to climb the stairs.
- All visitors will be subject to airport-style search so please allow sufficient time for entry.
- View Guarantee - if on the day of your visit you are unable to see at least three of the following landmarks, you can return for free within three months: London Eye, The Walkie Talkie, Tower Bridge, One Canada Square, St. Paul's Cathedral. Staff at the ticket desk will let you know on the day if the View Guarantee has been authorised and will arrange your return ticket. You must claim your free ticket on the day of your visit before you leave the attraction.
- *Cancellation Policy: Tickets can be cancelled for free up to 48 hours before your selected date/time.
Frequently Asked Questions for The View from The Shard
Duration of Visit
How long is the duration of The View From the Shard?
There is no set duration, you can admire the amazing views for as long as you wish inside of the opening and closing times.
What floor is the View from the Shard viewing platform on?
Floors 68, 69 and 72 - the main indoor observation deck is on level 69, while level 72 offers an open-air viewing deck.
Is the View from the Shard better at night?
The View from the Shard is great all day long, however if you would prefer to see London's skyline lit up at night an evening
time slot would be best for you!
Which direction is best at the View from the Shard?
There are amazing views in all directions, it is only place you can see the whole of London!
How do you book tickets for The View From the Shard?
You can purchase The View from the Shard tickets on our website. Your Gate-ready The View from the Shard ticket(s) will be uploaded to your AttractionTickets.com customer account instantly at the time of booking. Simply download these digital tickets to your smartphone or print in advance, and scan the tickets on arrival to The View from The Shard for instant access.
Can you purchase The View from the Shard tickets on arrival?
At the moment, tickets must be purchased online prior to your arrival. We recommend they be purchased at least 2 days in advance
to avoid any disappointment.
What are the child ages for the The View from the Shard tickets?
Child ages are from 4 - 15 years. Children under 4 do not need a ticket and are free of charge.
What does the View from the Shard ticket include?
This ticket gives you guaranteed access to the viewing decks on floors 68, 69 and 72.
How tall is the The View from the Shard?
The View from the Shard is located 800 ft above the ground and is the highest viewing platform in the city. It is the only place to
see London all at once!
Food & Drink
Which of the Shard restaurants have the best views?
You do not need to visit a restaurant to see the amazing views, you can enjoy them from The View from The Shard viewing
platform. However Hutong, located on the 33rd level of The Shard, has a great view!
Can drinks be purchased at the View from the Shard?
You can purchase drinks on the viewing platforms. There is a full service bar on level 69 and on the open-air Skydeck on level 72.
Please note table reservations are not offered.
Do you have access to the bars inside the Shard after experiencing The View from the Shard?
The bars inside the Shard shall be open for you to visit, however, you may need to pre-book a table at busier periods.
Can I take photos at the The View from the Shard?
You can take as many photos as you like with the exception of in the security area.
What time does the View from the Shard open and close?
Opening times may vary, for the most up to date information, please check before travel.
Where is the entrance to the View from the Shard?
The main entrance can be accessed on Joiner Street which is located moments from London Bridge station conveniently
situated among a variety of transport links.