Exclusive 20% food and merchandise discount at Planet Hollywood Disneyland® Paris
Purchase any Disneyland® Paris Ticket and we will give you two FREE Planet Hollywood Discount Vouchers giving you exclusive discounts off lunch (food and soft drinks) and merchandise!Buy Now - Offer must end soon
Exclusive 15% discount at Earl of Sandwich Disneyland® Paris
Buy any Disneyland® Paris Ticket and receive a FREE Earl of Sandwich discount voucher giving you an exclusive discount off the World's Greatest Hot Sandwich (and more!)Buy Now - Offer must end soon
Luxury Small Group Champagne Day Trip from Paris
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Small groups of just 15 people or fewer
This grape to glass tour immerses you in that effervescent story on a delightful day trip through the Champagne region. From the abbeys of Benedictine monks and the most valuable street in France to the town of Epernay, you will learn the history of this iconic wine as well as how it’s made in the modern world.
Our guide to Luxury Small Group Champagne Day Trip from Paris
Your day begins in Central Paris where you’ll meet your guide and small group of 15 fellow travelers before hopping in a comfortable, air-conditioned minibus for the 2 hour ride to the Champagne region.
The first stop takes you back some 300 years with a visit to the Benedictine Abbey in Hautvillers, where the famous Dom Perignon pioneered some of the production methods that made champagne the drink it is today. As you tour the abbey and see where Perignon himself worked, you’ll learn about the dangers of exploding wine bottles and how the search to stop this phenomenon actually drove many of Perignon’s innovations, much more than his love of sparkling wine. Before leaving Hautvillers, you’ll stop by a scenic overlook to enjoy a snack and then an amazing view.
The story of champagne will make you thirsty and we have just the solution: your next stop is a family-run winery where the owner will show you around and teach you how his family has been making champagne for three generations. You might be surprised to learn that the process has changed very little in the last 300 years, but you won’t be surprised that the next six wines you taste are out of this world.
As you learn to distinguish the tasting notes of good champagne, you’ll be treated to a little surprise: The owner will demonstrate the proper method for ‘sabering’ a bottle of champagne, and as you taste its contents, you will also learn the myth-filled history of the practice. Like many French traditions, Napoleon was involved.
Your next stop is the champagne capital; the town of Epernay, where you’ll break for lunch. It’s not included but your guide will be happy to direct you toward their favorite restaurants for champagne’s hearty Cuisine du Terroir.
Wine from vineyards all over Champagne floods into the town to be stored in the chalk caves excavated beneath the city streets. After lunch, you’ll head over to a centuries-old mansion to savour the champagne of a husband-and-wife-run winery.
Afterwards, you’ll hop in the mini-bus and return to Paris, arriving around 6.00pm; just in time to get a few more recommendations from your guide and head out to dinner.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Luxury Small Group Champagne Day Trip from Paris
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- This tour has a maximum capacity of 15 guests.
- This tour runs rain or shine.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Cancellation Policy: A full refund will be given on cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement. Cancellations received within 72 hours prior to the tour are non-refundable. Amendment requests are subject to availability and price changes. Late arrivals and no shows are non-refundable. This is applicable to any tour participant that fails to arrive, or arrives after tour departure.