Half Day Tour to Tivoli - Villa Adriana & Villa D’Este
- 1 reviews rated 5 stars
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Discover the amazing history of Tivoli on this ever popular day tour. Among the highlights are the 2nd century Emperor Hadrian's Villa and the remarkable Villa d'Este gardens.
Our guide to Half Day Tour to Tivoli - Villa Adriana & Villa D’Este
Take the ancient Via Tiburtina 30km east of Rome, where this tour takes you to visit and compare two very splendid villas from two different ages. The Villa Adriana dating back to Roman Times and the Villa D'Este from the Renaissance period.
At the foot of the Tiburtini Hills is the famous spa town of Bagni di Tivioli which is dominated by vast quarries of travertine marble - your first stop is here to visit the ruins of Villa Adriana built by Emperor Hadrian to remind him of the monuments and sites he had admired during his travels in the East.
You will then tour to Villa D'Este, one of the most beautiful residences of the Renaissance, with countless fountains set in the heart of magnificent Italian style gardens. This was one of the first giardini delle meraviglie and an early model for the development of European gardens.
From the 1st April to the 30th September: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays; 1st October to 31st March: Thursdays and Sundays.
Apr-Sep: 2.30pm; Oct-Mar: 8.00am.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Half Day Tour to Tivoli - Villa Adriana & Villa D’Este
- During the low season, October to March, tour departure is subjected to a minimum of six passengers.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 4 days prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for no shows or cancellations made within 72 hours of departure.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.