Skip the line Vatican Museums & Imperial Rome Combo Tour
Spend the morning discovering the wonders the wonders of the Vatican including the Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica and the afternoon exploring the history of ancient Rome including the amazing Roman Forum and Colosseum.
Our guide to Skip the line Vatican Museums & Imperial Rome Combo Tour
As you arrive at the Vatican, admire the beautiful architecture of St. Peters Basilica and St Peters Square before meeting your guide by the entrance to the Vatican Museums.
Skip-the-line and enter the Vatican Museums where, accompanied by your guide and a personal headset, you will discover some of the treasures contained within the 2000 rooms and 14 kilometres of corridors.
Afterwards, head to the magnificent St. Peters Basilica, the largest Church in the world, where you will find golden mosaics, several Tombs of Popes and Michelangelo's most important statue 'La Pietà'.
The afternoon itinerary begins at the Arch of Constantine, the largest and one of the best preserved triumphal arches in Rome.
From here, your guide will take you past the queues and inside the Colosseum, one of the world's greatest historical treasures. This amazing amphitheatre dates to the year 72 A.D. and could hold over 50,000 persons.
The tour then heads to the Palatino (Palatine Hill). Sandwiched between the Roman Forum and the Circo Massimo, the Palatino is an atmospheric area of towering pine trees, majestic ruins and memorable views.
Continue to the amazing Roman Forum where you again skip the ticket lines. The Roman Forums were the political and social centre of the Roman Empire and the whole area is literally an open-air museum and here you will find the Temple of Julius Cesar, the Arch of Titus and more.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Skip the line Vatican Museums & Imperial Rome Combo Tour
- All customers must adhere to the Vatican dress code. There are no refunds if you are refused entry for failure to comply. Shoulders and knees must be covered. No low-cut or sleeveless tops or shorts will be not permitted for men and women. Wednesday departures may be effected by the weekly Papal Audience. Should St Peter's Basilica be closed for the public for the Papal Audience, an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums will be offered in place of the visit inside St Peter's Basilica.
- Access to St. Peter's Basilica may not be available during special events. In such cases, you will be offered an extended itinerary inside the Vatican Museums.
- Unfortunately, this tour is not suitable for guests in wheelchairs or with impaired mobility.
- It’s forbidden to bring into the Coliseum backpacks, suitcases and voluminous bags.
- The Imperial Rome itinerary may be changed depending on Coliseum entrance time availability.
- Please note if hotel pick-up option is selected your hotel must be centrally located. If your hotel is too far from the city centre no pick-up service will be possible.
- No hotel drop off service is available.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 4 days prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for no shows or cancellations made within 72 hours of departure.