Skip the line Vatican Museums & St. Peter's Basilica Tour
4.5 stars: Based on 2 reviews via
No trip to Rome would be complete without a visit to the Vatican. Explore St Peter’s Basilica, see the magnificent Vatican museums and experience the beauty of the Sistine Chapel, Michelangelo’s most famous work.
Our guide to Skip the line Vatican Museums & St. Peter's Basilica Tour
As you arrive at the Vatican admire the beautiful architecture of St. Peters Basilica and St Peters Square before meeting your guide close to the entrance to the Vatican Musuems - here you are given your skip-the-line admission ticket.
Enter the Vatican Museums, taking in the beautiful spiral staircase and accompanied by your guide and using a personal headset, discover some of the treasures contained within the 2000 rooms and 14 kilometres of corridors.
Highlights include the Gallery of the Tapestries and the Gallery of the Geographical Maps before arriving in the famous Sistine Chapel with its magnificent fresco of the Last Judgment by Michelangelo.
Afterwards, head to magnificent St. Peters Basilica, the largest Church in the world, where you will find golden mosaics, several Tombs of Popes and Michelangelo's most important statue 'La Pietà'.
Your tour concludes in St Peter's Square where you view Bernini's impressive colonnade and learn about the history of the Vatican State including its Swiss Guard and the design of St Peters Square.
New for Summer 2020: Why not visit Vatican Museum before the crowds arrive?
During the summer (April to October), there is an option to start your tour at 8.00am on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, allowing you to explore one of the world's most famous attractions ahead of the rush! (Please note - hotel pick-up isn't available with this early departure)
Average 4.5 out of 5 (2 customer reviews)
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Skip the line Vatican Museums & St. Peter's Basilica Tour
- All customers must adhere to the dress code. There are no refunds if you are refused entry for failure to comply. Shoulders and knees must be covered. No low-cut or sleeveless tops or shorts will be not permitted for men and women.
- Wednesday departures may be affected by the weekly Papal Audience. Should St Peter's Basilica be closed for the public for the Papal Audience, an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums will be offered in place of the visit inside St Peter's Basilica.
- Please note, queues may be longer than usual on weekends and during bank holidays.
- Unfortuantely the tour is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 4 days prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for no shows or cancellations made within 72 hours of departure.