Small Group: Pompeii Tour from Rome with Amalfi Coast Drive
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
If you only have one day to see the wonders of the Amalfi Coast, this Pompeii Tour from Rome with Amalfi Coast Drive is the perfect all-in-one day trip for you. It’s a beautiful combination of history, archaeology, stunning views, world-class food, and even a little shopping.
Our guide to Small Group: Pompeii Tour from Rome with Amalfi Coast Drive
Your adventure begins from central Rome in an air-conditioned mini-bus, the most comfortable way to navigate the jaw-dropping cliff drive that awaits you. When you arrive in Pompeii, skip the lines and be met by one of our expert, English-speaking guides who have dedicated their lives to studying Pompeii. As they walk you through the shops, temples, public baths and houses that made up the thriving city, they’ll recount the fascinating stories of life in the ancient city; and how it was decimated by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius. The tour will also visit the famous plaster death casts of unfortunate people caught in the eruption and, if appropriate for the group, an ancient brothel.
After Pompeii, it’s back into the bus for one of the most unforgettable drives of your life down the hairpin turns and panoramic vistas of the Amalfi coast. It won’t take long for you to see why this is considered Italy’s most scenic drive (although certainly not the easiest to navigate - you’ll be glad you have a driver!).
Along the way your guide will enrich the journey with some background on the area’s history and culture, teaching you what life is like at the foot of the world’s most dangerous volcano. After your guide gives you background on the history and culture of the area, you will arrive in the lovely Positano.
Following in the footsteps of literary greats like Shelley, Goethe and Steinbeck, you will be free to explore this little town on foot, sampling its incredible seafood, browsing the fashionable boutiques, or ordering bespoke, handmade sandals.
Trying to see the sights of the Amalfi Coast on your own is a notorious hassle with lines, traffic, and all those hair-pin turns. This tour takes out the stress and distils it into an unforgettable day trip of culture, history, and archaeology. In a group or 18 people or fewer, you will have intimate access to your expert tour guide who will not only ensure that you get where you want to go, but also make the coast come alive with the stories of its past.
Varies, please see calendar.
Around 13 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Small Group: Pompeii Tour from Rome with Amalfi Coast Drive
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Please note that the order of sites visited is subject to changes.
- Please note that lunch is not included in this service. You will have free time to eat at Positano and your guide will be happy to recommend places to eat a full sit-down meal or to grab something quick while shopping.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- In good weather it is possible (and enjoyable) to swim on Positano beach. We recommend bringing a bathing suit and towel if this interests you.
- In the winter months we might replace Positano with Sorrento as more shops and restaurants are open there during this time.
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off is NOT included. Please meet your guide at caffè Piccarozzi which is located in Piazza della Repubblica, number 62.
- Please ensure that all members of your party have a valid ID on them on the day of the visit. This is particularly important for guests who have qualified for child reduction.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Cancellation Policy: A full refund will be given on cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement. Cancellations received within 72 hours prior to the tour are non-refundable. We will, however, do our best to reschedule you for another tour. Please note, this is subject to availability and price changes.
- Tours depart precisely at the scheduled tour start time. If you show up late or cannot find the meeting point, for any reason, refund requests are not honoured per policy. For most tours, it is not logistically possible to join the group after it has started.