VIP Colosseum Underground Tour with Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- Pay in instalments
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Step into one of the most exclusive parts of the Colosseum for the eye-opening tour most visitors only dream of. Your experience of Ancient Rome will be completed with a full tour of the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill where you will learn about the bustling empire that formed one of the founding pillars of western civilization.
Our guide to VIP Colosseum Underground Tour with Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
In the company of a local expert guide you'll learn about the bloody glory of the gladiators as you tour the tunnels of the Colosseum Underground. Immerse yourself in the space where men and beasts were kept amidst intricate staging machinery as they awaited their chances at victory or death.
As your small group marvels at how incredible the architecture of the Colosseum remains after nearly 2,000 years, your guide explains the seating plan at the average games - from the emperor's seat to the gentry, peasants and finally, the ladies.
Please Note: Because of the very special access on this tour you are REQUIRED to bring an ID with you. Please don't forget, as this can hold up the tour and may result in you having to miss parts.
After your extended tour of the Colosseum (including general access areas too), you'll head over to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill - once the center of politics and commerce in Rome. Here you'll learn about daily life in antiquity's greatest empire, as well as some of the most dramatic events in its momentous history. From the mansions of emperors to the temples of humble hearth goddesses; businesses, monuments, and governmental buildings will come to life as your guide tells vivid stories of the men and women who created this incredible civilization.
These ruins can be hard to interpret on your own, but with a group of no more than 24 people you'll have intimate access to your guide and plenty of time to ask whatever interests you. There is no more exclusive or entertaining way to step back in time and learn about Ancient Rome.
Sites Visited: Colosseum, Colosseum Underground Level, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill Arch of Constantine
Please meet your guide at Via delle Terme di Tito, 72, (Oppio Caffè), Rome, Lazio, 00184, IT
Around 3 hours and 30 minutes.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for VIP Colosseum Underground Tour with Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended as this is classed as walking tour.
- All guests (including children) must bring ID on the day of their tour.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off is NOT included.
- Unfortunately this tour is unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers.
- Please note: There is a new rule at the Colosseum that only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed inside. Guests with larger bags will not be allowed to enter (there are no storage facilities) and all guests must now pass through a security check before entering the Colosseum.
- The Colosseum is subject to occasional closures. The Colosseum administration is usually aware of this and informs us the day before or of a given closure. Please provide us with detailed contact information in the event that we need to reach you to reschedule your tour.
- Heavy rain can compromise the underground area of the Colosseum. On such occasions, the underground may close without notice.
- Cancellation policy: Cancellations received greater than 72 hours prior to tour commencement are fully refundable. Cancellations received within 72 hours of tour commencement are non-refundable. Amendment requests are subject to availability and price changes.