Rome Food Tour with Pizza-Making, Trattoria Tastings & Gelato
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
The perfect way to dive into the city’s food scene, get acquainted with the flavors and eat a lot of delicious Italian food in one unforgettable evening. From behind-the-scenes visits to delis and cheese shops, to your very own pizza-making class, you’ll get a 360-degree experience of one of the greatest foodie cities in the world and all you have to do is bring an appetite and an open mind.
Our guide to Rome Food Tour with Pizza-Making, Trattoria Tastings & Gelato
Your tour begins in a place that is surprising to many, but not to anyone who knows anything about the history of Roman Food; the old Jewish Ghetto. In the company of your expert foodie guide and just 11 other travelers, you’ll pop into one of the neighborhood’s beloved trattorias and taste traditional, seasonal Roman starters as you learn how Jewish culture has influenced Roman food over the course of some 2,000 years.
Leaving the Ghetto, you’ll head to an artisanal cheese shop to learn the long history of local cheesemaking as you taste Pecorino Romano and other Italian cheeses over a bottle of local white wine. Pairing food and drink is very important to Romans so your next stop is one of the city’s most iconic delis to try the deep-fried mozzarella and rice balls called supplì.
Another is the encyclopedic range of charcuterie that you will try at a nearby butcher. From salamis spiked with fennel, truffles or Barolo wine, to cured pork and a few surprises, you’ll enjoy a wide range of meats along with a nice glass of red wine.
Be sure to save some room because we have saved the best for last. After a quick tasting of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, you’ll step into the kitchen of a real Roman pizzeria and make your own pizza. The dough is already risen and waiting, so you’ll learn all about kneading out a (near) perfect circle, how to spread just the right amount of tangy tomato sauce, and the very important differences between Roman-style and Neapolitan-style pizza. Finally, you’ll do as the Italians do and take a comfortable stroll through the city, stopping for a cup or cone of gelato.
This tour is wonderfully in-depth and hands-on. As you eat your way through the city and its history, your guide will also give you practical tips and suggestions on how to avoid tourist traps and eat well during your stay in Rome. You won’t just leave with a full belly; you’ll leave with a lot of new knowledge of Italian food.
March - October. Does not operate in August.
Around 3 hours 30 minutes.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Rome Food Tour with Pizza-Making, Trattoria Tastings & Gelato
- All Italy sites we visit will require clients and guides alike to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test completed within 48 hours prior to entry. They will also require a legal form of ID matching the vaccination or test results. This does not apply to children under 12.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- This tour has a maximum capacity of 12 guests.
- For those with food allergies or other special requirements, please notify us prior to reserving your visit and then again, as soon as you meet your tour guide. We will do our very best to accommodate you and find suitable alternatives.
- Please note, this tour is wheelchair accessible with some difficulties. One of the pizza venues is not accesible and at the other the bathrooms are not accessible. We advise you to contact us at time of booking to make further arrangements.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- Cancellation Policy: A full refund will be given on cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement. Cancellations received within 72 hours prior to the tour are non-refundable. We will, however, do our best to reschedule you for another tour. Please note, this is subject to availability and price changes.
- Tours depart precisely at the scheduled tour start time. If you show up late or cannot find the meeting point, for any reason, refund requests are not honoured per policy. For most tours, it is not logistically possible to join the group after it has started.
Frequently Asked Questions for Rome Food Tour with Pizza-Making, Trattoria Tastings & Gelato
Does this tour accommodate vegetarians & people with food allergies?
Yes,. However, please advise of your requirements at time of booking so that your guide will be aware on the day of the tour. Not all of the tastings on the tour can be substituted for others, but we will do our very best to make sure that you always have something to eat.