Vatican Museums Night Tour with Sistine Chapel
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Every year the Vatican Museums open their doors for extended hours during a limited period; this tour makes use of that extension, bringing you inside the Museums and the Sistine Chapel when they're much quieter than the day. Experience the beautiful galleries and show-stopping art without the crushing crowds, and in a small group of maximum 15 people.
Our guide to Vatican Museums Night Tour with Sistine Chapel
Experience the Vatican at night! This is the time when the Vatican palaces are more peaceful, tranquil, and lovely and quieter than regular visiting hours.
You will start at the Vatican Museums, part of the Papal Palaces. In echoing, elaborate halls and galleries, your Vatican expert will bring the Church’s fascinating history to life—from St. Peter’s martyrdom to the modern Vatican City. Since your group is a maximum of just 15 people, you’ll have plenty of time to get all of your questions answered.
You’ll also explore some of the finest ancient sculptures and Renaissance art in the world, including Raphael’s School of Athens, the Hellenistic Laocoön, and the beautiful Apollo Belvedere.
The pièce-de-resistance of your experience, of course, is the Sistine Chapel, the private chapel of the Pope. In the evening light—and without the tourist hordes—get a sense of the kind of intimate atmosphere the Pope himself would have enjoyed here. As you admire Michelangelo’s famous frescoes, your Vatican expert reveals their stories, secrets and what makes them so special.
April - October
Around 2 hours 30 minutes.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Vatican Museums Night Tour with Sistine Chapel
- All Italy sites we visit will require clients and guides alike to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test completed within 48 hours prior to entry. They will also require a legal form of ID matching the vaccination or test results. This does not apply to children under 12.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off is NOT included. Please meet your guide at the green bar (called l'Ottagono) in Piazza del Risorgimento
- This tour ends at the entrance of the Vatican Museums.
- As with all museums, particular galleries of the Vatican museums can sometimes be closed without prior notice and pieces removed for restoration or loan. In the case of a gallery being closed, your guide will take you to another section of the museums instead.
- Please remember that the Sistine Chapel is a holy place, and attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks of Italy cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress. Please note that, since the chapel is at the end of the Vatican visit, it is sufficient to bring extra coverings with you and put them on before our entrance to the holy areas.
- Please note that St. Peter’s Basilica is closed at the time of this tour and therefore cannot be visited on this tour, nor can access be provided from the Sistine Chapel, as it can on other tours.
- While the Vatican Museums are equipped with elevators for wheelchair and stroller access, they are not conveniently located on the group tour route and only give access to specific sections of the Museums. Please contact us to make further arrangements.
- Please note that guests may only carry small handbags inside the Vatican Museums. Larger backpacks and big pointy umbrellas etc must be left at the cloakroom. It is the responsibility of the guest to return to the Vatican Museums entrance to collect these after the tour.
- Please ensure that all members of your party have a valid ID on them on the day of the visit. This is particularly important for guests who have qualified for child reduction.
- Infants up to 1 year are free of charge.
- Cancellation policy: Cancellations received greater than 72 hours prior to tour commencement are fully refundable. Cancellations received within 72 hours of tour commencement are non-refundable. Amendment requests are subject to availability and price changes.