Introducing the Disney Park Pass System
Added Happiness! Staying onsite at a Disney Resort Hotel is the ONLY way you can access the Disney Park Reservation System without the need to pay for your Disney Tickets in full - Secure your dream Disney holiday today with a £200 deposit.
Get ready to rediscover Walt Disney World Resort from 11 July 2020. It may be different from the last time you visited. But together with Disney, you can find new ways to create magical moments - and memories to treasure.
Introducing the Disney Park Pass System
To manage attendance during the phased reopening of Walt Disney World Resort and to help guests plan ahead, Disney have introduced the Disney Park Pass system. During this time, all Guests with valid admission will be required to make a reservation in advance for each park entry, using this new online tool.
- To enter a Disney Park, both a valid Disney Ticket AND a date-specific theme park reservation are now required.
- Park reservations can be made using the Disney Park Pass System - now available for Guests with valid theme park admission to make Disney Park Reservations up to 26 September 2021.
- To access the Disney Park Pass System guests must have a valid Disney Theme Park Ticket or a confirmed Disney Hotel + Ticket package.
- It is highly recommended that guests make their park reservations as soon as they complete their Disney Ticket or Disney Hotel + Ticket package purchase, as availability can change until park reservations are finalised.
Unlike Ticket only guests who must pay for their tickets in full to receive access to the Disney Park Pass system, guests staying onsite at at Disney Resort can secure their booking with just a £200 deposit and access the Disney Park Pass System upon receipt of the Disney Resort Hotel confirmation. Here's how it works:
Step 1: Link Your Admission to Your Disney Account
To get started, you’ll need a valid park ticket or confirmed Disney Hotel and Ticket booking.
- First, you’ll need a Disney account, which is where your Walt Disney World plans are stored and managed. Create an account or sign in to your existing account.
- Then, link your valid admission ticket or Disney hotel reservation to your Disney account. All Guests in your party must also have valid park admission linked to their profile.
Once your admission is linked to your account, you can begin to make a Disney park reservation.
Step 2: Create Your Party
When you begin to make a reservation, you’ll be prompted to create your party from your Family & Friends list.
Simply select the family and friends you’d like to include, then select “Continue”.
Don’t see someone in your travel party? Select “Add a Guest” to include them.
Note: You may need to make more than one Disney Park Pass reservation for your party depending on your admission type. Please make sure your party consists of Annual Passholders or theme park ticket holders.
Staying in a Disney Resort or other select hotel with a package that includes tickets? Everyone in your party must also have a hotel reservation. If this varies, you will need to make separate Disney Park Pass reservations.
Step 3: Select a Date and Park
Choose the date and the theme park that you’d like to visit from the available reservations. Please note that dates and theme park selections are limited and subject to availability.
After creating your party in the Disney Park Pass system, you’ll be prompted to:
- Select a Date: View a calendar and choose one of the available dates for your visit.
- Select a Theme Park: Park hours will be displayed for your convenience.
- Select a Time: This is the time that you can visit the park.
After selecting your date, park and time, you can confirm your reservation.
Step 4: Review and Confirm Your Plans
Carefully review and confirm your selected park and date.
If you need to make any changes, select “Back” to revise your selections.
Before confirming, you’ll need to agree to the Terms & Conditions, including the COVID-19 liability waiver. Then, select “Confirm” to complete your park reservation.
Once confirmed, your reservation will appear in My Plans.
Want to make another park reservation? Select “Make Another Reservation” to continue planning. As a reminder, if you have a multi-day ticket, you will be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit.
Your new reservation(s) will appear in My Plans—both online and in the My Disney Experience app.
If you need to cancel a reservation, view your daily itinerary in My Plans, then select “Reservation Details”.
You’re All Set!
Get ready to experience the magic of a Walt Disney World theme park.
Terms and Conditions:
- At this time, Guests will be able to select one park per day; visiting more than one park per day 'Park Hopping' will be temporarily unavailable upon the reopening of the theme parks due to attendance limitations.
- A park reservation must be made for each day of entry. If you have a multi-day ticket, you will be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit.
- Upon reopening, certain parks, hotels, restaurants, attractions, experiences and other offerings will be modified or unavailable, will have limited capacity and will be subject to limited availability or even closure, and park admission and offerings are not guaranteed.
- FastPass+ and Extra Magic Hours: As a result of the COVID-19 impact, the FastPass+ service will be suspended for the time being as Disney plan to use additional queue space to manage capacity at their attractions and maintain physical distancing. Disney will automatically cancel existing FastPass+ selections and share any future updates on the service at a later date. Also, please note that upon reopening, Extra Magic Hours will be temporarily suspended.
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By visiting Walt Disney World Resort you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.