Barcelona in One Day - Barcelona Highlights & Artistic Barcelona
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
You'll feel like a true Catalonian after enjoying this tour...
This fantastic full-day tour is a combination of the Barcelona Highlights and Artistic Barcelona Tours and provides a comprehensive insight into the city with visits to the Gothic Quarter, Port Olympic, Montjuic and more in the morning before discovering the amazing architecture of Gaudí in the afternoon.
Our guide to Barcelona in One Day - Barcelona Highlights & Artistic Barcelona
The first part of your visit consists of a guided walking tour through the small and narrow streets of the Gothic Quarter, the oldest part of the city. During this early visit, we will see Las Ramblas, de Cathedral Square, The Cathedral, the Old Jewish Quarter, among other interesting places. You will be given some free time to visit the Cathedral by yourself.
You will then move on to the seafront where you can admire the intense changes the city underwent with the organisation of the 1922 Olympic Games. See the Olympic Village, the Olympic Port, the beach, Barceloneta - the fisherman’s quarter, the Port Vell and Plaza (square) de Colon with its famous Columbus monument which indicates the direction the great explorer sailed in when he discovered the Americas.
Back on the bus, you will pass the Lluis Companys stadium, the Palau Sant Jordi, the Olympic swimming pool Picornell before reaching the Spanish Village. At this charming place, you'll see a collection of traditional buildings from all over Spain and a handicraft demonstration.
Continue by driving up Mount Juïc before switching modes of transport to a cable car. This is sure to be the highlight of your tour as you soak up the incredible views across the city and beyond as your cable car ascends this iconic mountain.
During the drive back to the city centre, you will be able to admire the Venetian Towers, the Mount Juïc fountains, the MNAC and the Las Arenas shopping mall which was rebuilt over the ancient Plaza de Toros.
Arrive at the Plaza de Catalunya, the starting point of the guided walking tour of the old city centre. Your guide will take you to the Gothic Cathedral, through the narrow streets of the Gothic quarter and plaza Sant Jaume where the City Hall is located and the headquarters of the Catalonian government.
Part two begins in the afternoon and is focused on the architecture of Antoni Gaudi. Barcelona is known as the capital of Modernism and is the place where the famous architect worked and lived. What's more, this great innovator has left behind numerous treasures for the discerning tourist to discover.
Start with the Sagrada Familia (Holy Family) Basilica, Gaudi's unfinished masterpiece which is Barcelona's most famous landmark. The guide will take you on a walking tour of the exterior to admire the richly and symbolically decorated facades, where the vaults reach up to seventy meters.
Next, discover Gaudi's bizarre Park Güell which has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Be careful, it's easy to get lost in the whimsical design of this bizarre but compelling public park with perfect integration of the architectural elements of nature.
Visit Passeig de Gracia to see Gaudi's famous apartment buildings la casa Mila “La Pedrera” and Casa Batlló before ending near the Casa Batlló at Paseo de Gracia 43.
From the end of January to the beginning of March (dates to be confirmed) the cable car doesn't work due to maintenance tasks, this service will be replaced by an appetizer at the Montjuïc castle.
From 01st April to 31st October departure time at 03.30 PM, the check-in time at Julià Travel Office Balmes 5, at 03:15 PM.
From 01st November to 31st March departure time at 02:30 PM, the check-in at 02:15 PM at Julià Travel Office, Balmes n. 5.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Barcelona in One Day - Barcelona Highlights & Artistic Barcelona
- 24 hours free of charge. Less than 24 hours or No Show 100%.
- Due to the degree of walking involved, this tour is not recommended for people with mobility issues.
- Please be aware that the tour includes walking, we kindly advise you to use comfortable clothes and shoes and be ready for some walking.
- You have approximately 1 hr 15 min of free time for lunch (not included) between both parts of the excursions.
- For your comfort, a radio guide system is offered during the tour, in groups of more than 5 people.
- From the end of January to the beginning of March (dates to be confirmed) the cable car doesn't work due to maintenance tasks, this service will be replaced by an appetizer at the Montjuïc castle.
- From 01st April to 31st October departure time at 03.30 PM, the check-in time at Julià Travel Office Balmes 5, at 03:15 PM.
- From 01st November to 31st March departure time at 02:30 PM, the check-in at 02:15 PM at Julià Travel Office, Balmes n. 5.
Frequently Asked Questions for Barcelona in One Day - Barcelona Highlights & Artistic Barcelona
- What is the child policy?
Guests aged from 4 - 12 years old are eligible for a Child rate.
- Do I need to specify a day of travel when I book?
Yes, advance reservations are necessary.
- What is the group size?
It can vary from day to day however this is a large coach tour with a maximum of 50 participants.