Cape Reinga Fly/Drive
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Admire a remarkable area largely inaccessible by road on your scenic flight over Northland's maritime playground before a guided driving tour through the far north of New Zealand.
Our guide to Cape Reinga Fly/Drive
This amazing half day tour takes you on an exhilarating adventure over areas which are unreachable by roads. Your flight departs from Paihia and takes you north over the bush clad hills surrounding Kaitaia and on to 90 Mile Beach. You will enjoy an amazing birds eye view of this stunning expanse of beach that stretches as far as the eye can see along the west cost of the Aupouri Peninsula. You will fly over the Te Paki quicksand stream and the huge sand dunes that cover 7 square km before landing at Shenstone Farm airstrip, just 20km from Cape Reinga and embarking on your off road adventure.
Once on the ground a comfortable air-conditioned mini-bus will meet the aircraft. It will take you on a 2.5 hour tour around the top of New Zealand. Including the Cape Reinga Lighthouse where the Tasman Sea meets the Pacific Ocean and a short drive to Tapotupotu Bay where we enjoy a freshly baked light refreshment. There is time for a stroll on the beach
Then we move across to the Te Paki quicksand stream with its giant sand dunes; (we have sleds available for those who wish to experience the exhilaration of sliding down the sand dunes and try some sand surfing).
The return 1 hour flight to the Bay of Islands includes some of the most spectacular coastal scenery Northland has to offer. You will fly over the Parengarenga Harbour and Great Exhibition Bay, which are only visible by air or by sea. This area is very remote and without a doubt one of the most beautiful places in New Zealand with its pure white silica sand and crystal clear water. The flight also passes across the Houhora Harbour, the Cavalli islands, Kauri Cliffs golf course and the spectacular Bay of Islands.
Please note: A minimum of 2 persons are needed to book this tour.
Daily, year round, subject to weather conditions.
9.00am, April to September; 8.30am and 1.15pm, October to March.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Cape Reinga Fly/Drive
- Comfortable shoes are recommended for easy walking at Cape Reinga, on the sand at Taputoputo Bay and the sand dunes at Te Paki. Don't forget your swimsuit, towel, sunglasses and sun-block.
- Please note, all departures are subject to weather conditions and number of passengers.
- In the winter months (June – September) weather conditions may prevent the aircraft from landing in Shenstone Farm. If this occurs, the flight will continue over the areas which would have been covered on the driving tour and then head down the east coast to Kaitaia where a new driving tour will commence.
- This 2.5 hour trip will cover the southern third of 90 Mile Beach and take in Houhora Harbour on the east coast of the peninsula, the Ancient Kauri Kingdom, and Awanui.
- Children under 3 years of age travel free on a parent's lap.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.