New Year's Eve Bonfire and Fireworks Show
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
The most breathtaking New Year's celebration in the world!
Bring in the Icelandic New Year with a bang courtesy of this magical evening which begins with a visit to a traditional bonfire before taking in the spectacular fireworks exploding over Reykjavik.
Our guide to New Year's Eve Bonfire and Fireworks Show
On this tour you will get the chance to experience a slice of genuine Icelandic culture and witness some of the age-old customs surrounding the country's New Year's celebrations, which are considered to be one of the world's most breathtaking spectacles.
Firstly, join in with the locals as they attend community bonfires scattered throughout the different neighbourhoods of Reykjavik - a 200 year old custom where friends and neighbours gather around the fire, singing songs and lighting sparklers.
After a light refreshment stop, the real action begins when, at midnight, up to a thousand tons of fireworks are left off by people all over the city, lighting up the sky over Reykjavik.
You will get to take in this incredible 'show' from a desirable viewpoint whilst also toasting in the New Year with a glass of sparkling wine.
December 31st only.
Approximately 5 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for New Year's Eve Bonfire and Fireworks Show
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- Pick-up from hotels and guesthouses starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time. You will be advised specific times upon reconfirmation locally.
- Returning from your tour, you will be dropped off at the pick-up point you were collected from or at the closest possible point.
- This tour is only operated on New Year’s Eve, December 31st.
- Children under 12 are free.
- Wrap up warm as it is going to get very cold. Thermal clothing and a hat, scarf and pair of gloves are recommended.
- Please note, the legal drinking age in Iceland is 20
- *CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.