Snæfellsnes National Park
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Rich heritage and fascinating history! SAVE 15% - book now!
Located on the west coast of Iceland, Snæfellsnes peninsula has been referred to as 'Iceland in Miniature' as it is home to so many of the nation's sights. The area is also just the 4th place in the world to be awarded a Green Globe 21 certification for environmental sustainability.
Our guide to Snæfellsnes National Park
This tour takes you west from Reykjavik on a scenic route to Borgarfjörður and the village of Borgarnes where a short stop will be made for refreshments.
Shortly after entering Snæfellsnes peninsula, by Ytri-Tunga Farm, it's time for some wildlife spotting at a beach which is home to a seal colony and variety of sea birds.
Next up is a visit to the idyllic Arnarstapi village where you‘ll take a walk through the extraordinary landscape along the precipitous shoreline to the small village of Hellnar where a brake will be made for lunch.
After lunch, the tour continues to Djúpalónssandur, a tranquil, black-pebbled beach that offers beautiful views out to the sea and fascinating history that lies in the Snæfellsjökull National Park, close to where Jules Verne located his entrance for the “Journey to the Centre of the Earth”.
Leaving Djúpalónssandur you‘ll travel past striking landscapes to the north coast of Snæfellsnes peninsula to Grundarfjordur fishing village.
Surrounded by exceptionally beautiful mountains Grundarfjörður is home to one of the peninsula‘s most iconic and photographed landmarks, the symmetrical mountain Kirkjufell that towers 1500 ft. up from the shoreline.
Out of Grundarfjörður, the route lies across Berserkjahraun lava fields that according to Viking legends was where two Swedish "Berserks" forged Iceland‘s first road and over to the south side of the peninsula through Vatnaleið pass.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Snæfellsnes National Park
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- You must reconfirm your pick-up location and time locally at least 24 hours prior to your tour.
- Pick-up from hotels and guesthouses starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time. You will be advised specific times upon reconfirmation locally.
- Please note you will be collected from your hotel and taken to the Gray Line Iceland depot to wait for the rest of your group to arrive/be collected. Depending on hotel locations etc. this can sometimes take 15-45 minutes. Once everyone is present, your tour will depart.
- Returning from your tour, you will be dropped off at the pick-up point you were collected from or at the closest possible point.
- Children under 3 years old are not allowed on this tour.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.