Lava Cave & Geothermal Adventure
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Explore one of Iceland's largest natural lava caves before taking some time out to relax at a geothermal pool at Húsafell.
Our guide to Lava Cave & Geothermal Adventure
On this tour, you will go to Iceland’s largest natural lava cave, located in West Iceland. You will drive from Reykjavík through the beautiful Borgarfjörður towards Húsafell.
On the way your tour will stop at the most powerful hot spring in Europe, Deildartunguhver and the magnificent Hraunfossar lava waterfalls.
After a break in Húsafell, you will head to the stunning Víðgelmir cave (148000 m3) which is one of the largest natural lava caves in the world.
There we start an adventurous and guided walk down the great, colourful and beautiful lava cave. You will learn about its history and geological uniqueness which dates all the way back to the Viking age.
Following the cave adventure, we relax at the geothermal pool at Húsafell before driving straight back to Reykjavík.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Lava Cave & Geothermal Adventure
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- Pick-up from hotels and guesthouses starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time. You will be advised specific times upon reconfirmation locally.
- Returning from your tour, you will be dropped off at the pick-up point you were collected from or at the closest possible point.
- Remember to bring warm clothing, rain gear and sturdy footwear
- Please bring a swimsuit and a towel.
- Children under the age of 6 will have to comply with guidelines set by the cave. This includes location of party on tour and possibly turn around before last stop of the tour.
- This tour is not suitable for children aged 3 and under.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.