Great Ocean Road Sunset Tour
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Witness the Majestic Great Ocean Road and Savor a Stunning Sunset!
Experience the dramatic sea cliffs, roaring surf, white sand beaches and ancient rainforest as you travel along the stunning Great Ocean Road, one of the most spectacular coastal journeys in the world.
Our guide to Great Ocean Road Sunset Tour
Our journey begins around 10.00 am from Melbourne, treating you to panoramic views of the city and Port Phillip Bay as we cross the impressive Westgate Bridge. Next, we pass through Geelong, Victoria's second-largest city, before heading to the charming Surf Coast with its picturesque coastal towns and powerful waves.
We make a brief stop in Anglesea to enjoy a leisurely walk by the beautiful Anglesea River, then continue our scenic drive along the Great Ocean Road. In Kennett River, you'll have the chance to find koalas in their natural habitat while enjoying lunch on your own.
As we venture through the Otway Ranges to the Shipwreck Coast, our first stop is Loch Ard Gorge, where we'll hear the gripping tale of the Loch Ard shipwreck in 1878. Explore this area, including the Razorback, Dumpling Pots, and Island Archway.
As the sun begins its descent, we head to the grand Twelve Apostles, where you'll be mesmerized by the magnificent monoliths and the captivating transformation of the landscape and sky in the evening light.
We break for dinner (at your own expense) in Colac during the return journey. Finally, with drop-off at your inner-city accommodation, this day will surely stand out as a memorable highlight of your Australian adventure.
Daily, year-round. This tour does not run on 25th December.
Hotel pick-ups commence between 9.00am - 10.00am between April and October and 10.00am - 11.00pm between November and March.
Around 12 hours (Tour returns seasonally between 9pm - midnight).
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Great Ocean Road Sunset Tour
- This tour uses smaller air-conditioned buses, allowing access to many areas not available to the larger coaches as well as providing a personal touch with the benefits of a small group environment.
- There is a maximum of 24 persons on each departure.
- Please bring appropriate clothing for all weather conditions and to wear sensible shoes. We also recommend you bring sunscreen, a water bottle and a hat. There are many paths, boardwalks and staircases to get great views of the cliffs and monoliths.
- No prams or strollers permitted.
- We reserve the right to decline groups larger than 15 guests joining.
- Children aged between 0-15 years pay a child price.
- Children 0-4 years: To ensure our guest’s health & safety, all children aged 4 years and under must be securely fastened in a baby seat. These seats are provided by us at no additional charge. This is a condition of carriage as we strictly prohibit children from sitting on a parent's lap while the tour vehicle is in motion. Parents or guardians bear the responsibility to make sure their child remains seated and properly secured throughout the duration of the tour.
- For children aged between 5-8 years, we offer an optional booster seat. This is available by request only and arrangements must be made prior to the tour's departure. Please understand that once requested and placed in the vehicle, the booster seat cannot be removed during the day.
- Children under the age of 18 who wish to travel by themselves on any of our day or extended day tours must have a Parent/Guardian consent form completed and signed.
- Go West Tours reserves the right to alter fares, inclusions, vehicles, use other accredited tour operators during peak season and may cancel tours in unforeseen circumstances.
- Tour operation or alterations to itineraries may occur due to road or weather conditions, natural disasters, strikes, public holidays, accommodation availability and/or other factors. The company gives no guarantee as to the exact arrival or departure times of tours as circumstances beyond our control may influence this.
- Go West Tours must be advised of any medical conditions or physical disability requiring special attention before the tour. Failing to advise us, may result in us refusing to accept the booking. We may also refuse travel if we feel that the tour chosen is not suitable without a suitably qualified companion.
- There is a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 24 persons on each departure.
- Please note: We have been advised by Parks Victoria that access to the gorge at Loch Ard Gorge will be closed until some time in Spring 2023 (i.e. September-November) due to dangerous cliff movement near the Upper Lookout, which could cause a collapse. We will still be visiting this location, as there are many other interesting & spectacular viewpoints around the area above the gorge.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator before 24 hours of your chosen activity date. Guest cancellations within 24 hours of tour departure or failure to take up a tour for any reason will result in 100% forfeiture of the tour fare.