1-Day Hop-On Hop-Off & Alcatraz
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Alcatraz is San Francisco's must-see attraction...
This package combines two great value tickets – your entrance to world-famous Alcatraz Island as well as the 1-Day Hop-On Hop-Off City Tour.
Our guide to 1-Day Hop-On Hop-Off & Alcatraz
Alcatraz Island Tour
San Francisco's most famous attraction! The Alcatraz Tour includes a round-trip ferry from San Francisco to “the Rock”, the infamous prison island, where you enjoy the award-winning audio headset tour inside the prison cellblock (available in various languages). The self-guided tour gives you the flexibility to explore Alcatraz at your own pace.
Note: The specific departure time for your ferry ride to Alcatraz Island will be provided to you upon redeeming your voucher.
1-Day Hop-On Hop-Off City Tour
The Hop-On Hop-Off City Tour begins at Fisherman’s Wharf, home to the most visited site in San Francisco - Pier 39 with its popular sea lion colony and many other attractions along the waterfront. The open-top bus gives you the best views of the city while you drive along the Barbary Coast, Embarcadero and the Ferry Building, Union Square, City Hall, North Beach, Palace of Fine Arts, Golden Gate Park, and much more! Take a picture at Chinatown's 'Dragon Gates' and try their delicious food. Take a brief stroll around Alamo Square to see the world-famous Painted Ladies Victorian homes also known as "Postcard Row". You will be taken back in time to the “Summer of Love” while driving through Haigh Ashbury where you can view the murals and art dedicated to the San Francisco hippie culture.
The highlight of the tour is the ride across the most iconic landmark in San Francisco – the Golden Gate Bridge! While crossing the 1.7-mile span on an open-top bus you will have breathtaking views of the bridge, Alcatraz Island, and the stunning skyline. Hop off at North Vista Point to take your best selfie of the bridge and San Francisco Bay, or walk across this iconic landmark yourself.
In the Civic Center area, you will have great views of San Francisco's City Hall, the Opera House, and the Symphony Hall. Stop at the Asian Art Museum, or visit the Public Library and the War Memorial. If you need to escape from the city, head to Golden Gate Park which is one of the largest urban parks in the world. Here you can visit some of the many attractions such as the California Academy of Sciences, Conservatory of Flowers, de Young Museum, and the Japanese Tea Gardens, as well as finding miles of hiking trails, bike paths, lakes, and waterfalls.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for 1-Day Hop-On Hop-Off & Alcatraz
The tour is often sold out in advance and reservations are necessary.
- IMPORTANT: Departure time for the Alcatraz ferry cannot be given until a few days prior to your tour
- The departure times are allocated automatically and can vary for each party. Please keep your day flexible and do not book this tour for the day of arrival or day of departure in San Francisco because the tour to Alcatraz can be any time of the day.
- We do NOT offer any Alcatraz night tours.
- You must check in with the tour provider prior to your tour in order to receive your tickets and find out your specific departure time on the day
- Please always carry a valid photo ID with you as it may be checked during the trip
- Once you reach Alcatraz Island you can stay as long as you like! Ferries return every 30 minutes
Free cancellation up to 30 days prior to departure.
- If canceled less than 30 days, a cancellation fee of 50% of the package price applies.
- If canceled in less than 7 days, a cancellation fee of 100% of the package price applies.
- No refunds will be given for any no-shows and reservations which have not been canceled within the appropriate time frames mentioned above.
- Any name changes and date changes are subject to availability.
Frequently Asked Questions for 1-Day Hop-On Hop-Off & Alcatraz
- Do I need to detail a specific date for my tour?
The date you select on the calendar is your reserved Alcatraz date. You must pick up the Alcatraz ticket between 8-10 am at the Skyline Sightseeing office, on the reserved Alcatraz date. The bus tours are flexible and can start on any day, except Christmas Day.
- Is there a limit to the number of times I can get off and re-join the tour bus?
No, you can get off and on the buses as many times as you like over 1 Day