2-Day Hop-On Hop-Off & Alcatraz
4.1 stars: Based on 8 reviews via
Alcatraz is San Francisco's must-see attraction...
No trip to San Francisco would be complete without a visit to infamous Alcatraz Island, the former prison home of some America’s most notorious criminals. This great value ticket combines the city-wide 2-Day Hop-On Hop-Off Double-Decker bus tour and return ferry tickets to ‘the Rock’ , plus (new for 2019) entrance to Madame Tussaud's San Francisco!
Our guide to 2-Day Hop-On Hop-Off & Alcatraz
The 2-Day Hop-On Hop-Off & Alcatraz ticket is valid for 2 Days and allows you to explore the city at your own pace - see San Francisco from the top of an authentic English Double Decker Bus and hop-off at any of the convenient stops around the city.
Explore, sightsee or shop before jumping aboard next bus. The Hop-on Hop-Off ticket is valid for three different routes around the city and there is full narration on board ensuring you do not miss a thing!
- The Official City Tour (departs daily every 30 minutes from 9.00am to 5.00pm): Departing from The Fisherman's wharf, this tour lasts around 150 minutes and takes you along North beach and Ferry building, before heading into Downtown Union Square area. The tour continues into the Golden Gate park, passing the Civic Centre (City Hall) and Haight and Ashbury on the way.Civic centre has many architectural landmarks, such as the impressive City Hall, the Opera House, Symphony Hall, and the Public Library. You will experience the Hippie district at Haight and Ashbury. The Golden gate park houses the California Academy of Sciences, the De Young Museum, the Japanese Tea Garden, the Botanical Gardens and more. Explore at your leisure. At the North Vista Point you can hop off the bus to walk across the 1.7 mile span of the bridge. Pass through the Marina district and Cow Hollow past Palace of Fine Arts into Union square downtown and drive further into Chinatown. See the Transamerica Pyramid and Pier 39 on the way back to Fisherman's wharf.
- Sausalito Tour (departs daily every hour from 9:30am to 4:30pm): Take this 60 minute tour from the North Vista POint to have the best views of the Golden Gate Bridge. The tour continues into Marin County and stops in charming Sausalito where you can hop off the bus, stroll around, shop, dine, visit various art galleries and enjoy a relaxing lunch by the waterfront. From Sausalito, the bus will head back across the Golden Gate Bridge to South Vista Point. You can visit the Golden Gate Bridge Welcome Centre, stroll around the Presidio, or relax at the beach at Crissy Field. Then hop on the bus and return to the North Vista point to ransfer to the Official City tour.
- Night Loop (Nightly at 6.30pm and 7pm with additional departure at 7:30pm from May to September): The bus will take you over the Bay Bridge to Treasure island where you will make a photo stop to capture the amazing skyline of San Francisco by night.
Alcatraz Audio Tour
No trip to San Francisco would be complete without a visit to Alcatraz Island in the heart of San Francisco Bay.
This former federal penitentiary housed some of America’s most infamous criminals including Al "Scarface" Capone and the "Birdman" Robert Stroud and was famous as the ‘prison of no escape’. Your ticket includes a return ferry ride to Alcatraz from Pier 33 and the award-winning Audio Tour of the Cell House.
As you walk through the jail, the history is brought to life by the real-life voices of the correctional officers and inmates who lived on the island during the infamous Federal Penitentiary era. Hear about escape attempts, ‘The Battle of '46’, food riots, and surviving solitary confinement.
Your ferry ticket for Alcatraz will be confirmed for the date you request at the time of booking, but the actual time will not be advised until you exchange your voucher in San Francisco. Most visits to Alcatraz are in the afternoon. The self-guided audio tour gives you the flexibility to stay on the island as long as you like.
With your ticket you can visit Madame Tussauds Wax Attraction where you can get closer to fame than ever before. Cozy up to George Clooney on the sofa, jam on stage with Jimi Hendrix or Beyoncé, and go behind the camera with Steven Spielberg. Hang out with Mark Zuckerberg, take a ride with E.T. or meet some of the greatest U.S. sport icons of all times.
2-Day Hop-On Hop-Off & Alcatraz
Average 4.1 out of 5 (8 customer reviews)
Great tickets and cheaper than others
Angela Busby reviewed 13 Nov,2019
Really enjoyed Alcatraz, the buses were great. Highly recommend the night tour as you have commentary from an individual rather than the headphone commentary you get through the day.
Trusted Customer reviewed 12 Nov,2019
Perfect purchase - exactly what I wanted to do.
Trusted Customer reviewed 22 Oct,2019
Was worth the money hop on off was great for getting around
Trevor Liversidge reviewed 12 Oct,2019
Great tour, guides were brilliant and sites were spectacular
Natalie Gillingwater reviewed 28 Sep,2019
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for 2-Day Hop-On Hop-Off & Alcatraz
- Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 10 days prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 10 days of tour date.
- The date you select on the calendar is your reserved Alcatraz date. You must pick up the Alcatraz ticket between 8-10 am at the Skyline Sightseeing office, in Fishermans Wharf, on the reserved Alcatraz date. The bus tours are flexible and can start on any day, except Christmas Day.
- This ticket must be booked at least 7 days in advance of your planned visit to Alcatraz.
- Your ferry ticket for Alcatraz will be confirmed for the date you request at the time of booking, but the actual time will not be advised until you exchange your voucher in San Francisco.
- You must collect your Alcatraz tickets from the Skyline Office in Fisherman's Wharf before 10.00am on the day of your visit to Alcatraz.
- The All Loops Tour portion of your ticket is open-dated and can be used at any time. The All Loops Ticket expires 2 days after first use.
- The All Loops portion of the tour does not run on Christmas Day.
Frequently Asked Questions for 2-Day Hop-On Hop-Off & Alcatraz
- Do I need to detail a specific date for my tour?
The date you select on the calendar is your reserved Alcatraz date. You must pick up the Alcatraz ticket between 8-10 am at the Skyline Sightseeing office, on the reserved Alcatraz date. The bus tours are flexible and can start on any day, except Christmas Day.
- Is there a limit to the number of times I can get off and re-join the tour bus?
No, you can get off and on the buses as many times as you like over 2 Days
- When and where can I pick up my Alcatraz tickets?
You must pick up the Alcatraz ticket between 8-10 am at the Skyline Sightseeing office, on the reserved Alcatraz date.