The Golden Circle & Friðheimar Greenhouse
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
This best-selling tour of Iceland's most famous landmarks includes a visit to Friðheimar greenhouse. The classic Golden Circle with a sustainable twist!
Our guide to The Golden Circle & Friðheimar Greenhouse
The tour starts with a visit to Fridheimar greenhouse where we learn about the magical methods of managing pests by using biological controls. We also learn how to grow delicious tomatoes in a eco-friendly way with the aid of geothermal heat which Iceland has in abundance.
After Fridheimar, we stop at Geysir geothermal area. The Strokkur geysir shoots a column of water up to 30 meters (98 ft.) into the air every 4-8 minutes in a thrilling display of nature’s forces.
The visit continues with Gullfoss waterfall, created by the Hvítá river, which tumbles and plunges into a crevice some 32 m (105 ft.) deep.
Thingvellir National Park
We also visit the historical and geological wonder that is Thingvellir National Park. Here the American and Eurasian tectonic plates are pulling apart at a rate of a few centimetres per year. Thingvellir is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for The Golden Circle & Friðheimar Greenhouse
- Your tour departs from BSI Reykjavik Bus Terminal. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your departure time.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- Warm clothes, a waterproof jacket, and sturdy shoes are recommended
- We recommend bringing thermal layers, a winter hat, scarf, gloves, and wearing warm socks for colder days
- No liability is accepted for losses or expenses due to delays or changes of arrival or departure of flights or other services, injury, sickness, accident, strikes, damage, negligence, weather, war or other causes outside the control of Reykjavik Excursions. All such losses and expenses are the personal liability of the traveller.
- *CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for The Golden Circle & Friðheimar Greenhouse
What is the Golden Circle?
The Golden Circle is Iceland's most popular route between 3 of its most visited attractions, Þingvellir National Park, Geysir geothermal area, and Gullfoss waterfall.
When should I visit the Golden Circle?
The Golden Circle is a year-round attraction, although during Iceland's summer, you will enjoy longer days.
Facilities & Amenities
Are there toilets on the Golden Circle?
There are toilets during the Golden Circle tour, but some locations may require you to pay to use the facilities.
How many miles is the Golden Circle?
The typical journey covers around 230Km (140 miles). You can actually drive the route in just over 3 hours, but will need to factor in time to stop and take in the sites also.