South Coast & Black Beach ATV Adventure
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Experience Iceland's raw power on black sands.
Connect with the elemental force of black lava sand on Iceland's southern shore.
Our guide to South Coast & Black Beach ATV Adventure
Starting in Reykjavík, our journey leads to Mýrdalsjökull glacier, home to the powerful volcano Katla. After reaching the glacier, we equip ourselves with ATVs (all-terrain vehicles/quads) to kick off the adventure. Crossing rivers, we'll explore the Dyrhólaey promontory and Sólheimasandur beach, home to the iconic DC-3 aircraft wreck.
The abandoned DC-3 plane wreck is the subject of countless photos and has even been featured in a Bollywood movie plus various TV commercials.
On this fun adventurous tour, we will experience different landscapes and magnificent Icelandic flatlands.
Adding an extra layer of excitement, we'll pause at the spectacular Seljalandsfoss waterfall, allowing you to venture behind its cascading waters, and the majestic Skógafoss waterfall.
- Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri & Sat - June to Sept
- 9.00 am with hotel pick-ups from approximately 30 minutes prior to that time.
- Approximately 10 hours and 30 minutes
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for South Coast & Black Beach ATV Adventure
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- Pick-up from hotels and guesthouses (if a hotel pick-up ticket is selected) starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time. You will be advised of specific times upon reconfirmation locally.
- Returning from your tour, you will be dropped off at the pick-up point you were collected from or at the closest possible point.
- The ATV ride is for 2 people per vehicle, the driver will have a valid driver’s license.
- Solo travellers and groups with odd numbers need to pay a single rider fee at the location.
- Optional: 1 person per vehicle at extra cost, paid on-site when available.
- There is a scheduled stop at Hvolsvöllur on the way where you can buy lunch or you can pack your own lunch and bring it with you on the tour. We recommend to sit down for lunch before the ride and maybe having a light snack afterwards.
- Only one child is permitted per adult on this tour.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.