South Iceland, Waterfalls & Black Sand Beach
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
From pitch-black volcanic sand beaches to snow-capped peaks of Iceland‘s biggest volcanoes, South Iceland is a visually spectacular and geologically intriguing part of the country that features many of Iceland‘s most awe-inspiring destinations.
Our guide to South Iceland, Waterfalls & Black Sand Beach
Your South Iceland journey will take you through the country’s lush farmlands, flanked by rugged mountains, glaciers (including the infamous Eyjafjallajökull) and volcanoes of the interior on one side and vast Atlantic ocean views on the other.
On this tour of South Iceland, you will also experience the powerful beauty of Seljalandsfoss waterfall, where the Seljalandsá river, which originates under Eyjafjallajökull glacier, falls, as well as Skógafoss, one of the largest waterfalls in Iceland.
Just outside the town of Vík í Mýrdal (or just Vík to the locals), you will visit the soaring basalt rock formation known as Reynisdrangar and the black sand beach of Reynisfjara.
A written description is nothing compared to the lived experience. Let the guides at Gray Line bring South Iceland to life with stories, facts, science, and history.
9.00am, with hotel pick-ups beginning approximately 30 minutes prior.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for South Iceland, Waterfalls & Black Sand Beach
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- Pick-up from hotels and guesthouses starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time. You will be advised specific times upon reconfirmation locally.
- Please note you will be collected from your hotel and taken to the Gray Line Iceland depot to wait for the rest of your group to arrive/be collected. Depending on hotel locations etc. this can sometimes take 15-45 minutes. Once everyone is present, your tour will depart.
- Returning from your tour, you will be dropped off at the pick-up point you were collected from or at the closest possible point.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.