Gondola Ride & Original Venice Walking Tour
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Take a morning walking tour through the streets of Venice in search of the city's most famous landmarks including St Mark’s Square, the Basilica and the Doge's Palace before enjoying a memorable afternoon gondola ride along the enchanting waterways between the towering Venetian Palaces.
Our guide to Gondola Ride & Best of Venice Walking Tour
This combo tour allows you to tick off TWO popular Venice highlights - a walking tour of the city's famous landmarks and a no-hassle, shared gondola ride - for one, great value price!
First up is the 'Best of Venice Walking Tour' which introduces you to the highlights and history of the city. Starting at the famous St Mark’s square, your expert guide will tell you about the history that lies behind the walls of the city's most renowned landmarks.
Skip the line to explore inside St Mark's Basilica and hear about its Byzantine heritage and also see Doge's Palace and its adjoining prisons that retain the true secrets of how a city built on swamps became one of the most enlightened cities in Europe.
Then leave the crowds behind and head into the narrow side streets to discover 'hidden Venice'. Along the way, see Marco Polo's House, a Merchant's Warehouse and explore the lively Campo Santa Maria Formosa with its outstanding Gothic Palaces.
After the walking tour finishes at the renowned Rialto Bridge, take a short break before joining a shared gondola ride along the Grand Canal and narrow back canals of San Marco in a traditional Venetian gondola.
The route will take you to parts of the city that can only be experienced from the water.
As you lazily watch the beautiful buildings and bridges drift by, look out for important sites such as La Fenice Opera House, the beautiful San Moise Church, the ill-fated Ca Dario Palace and the magnificent Salute church, built to celebrate the end of Venice's worst plague, to name a few.
Varies - see calendar.
Approximately 2.5 hours of actual activities but there is a break between the two tours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Gondola Ride & Best of Venice Walking Tour
- Please note there is a short break between the walking tour and the gondola ride element.
- St. Mark's Basilica can sometimes close without notice due to high water levels or festivities.
- During high water levels, the tour will take place but it might be partly adapted according to the weather conditions.
- When St Mark’s Basilica is open during high water levels, skip the line tickets may not be accepted as all visitors must use only 1 door to access the church. Your guide will limit waiting time with extra information about Venice and the Basilica.
- Please note - guaranteed skip-the-line entrance tickets for St Mark's Basilica are compulsory to visit between April to October due to the high number of visitors. However, other times of the year are considered off-peak and the skip-the-line element may not actually be required.
- Shoulders and knees must be covered to enter St Marks Basilica. Large bags are not allowed inside the Basilica.
- This tour is of a historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- The Gondola Ride element is shared. There is a maximum of 6 persons in the gondola.
- Itinerary subject to change.
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- Cancellation Policy: More than 8 days before tour departure: no charge; From 7 to 4 days: 50% charge; Less than 3 days and no show: 100% non-refundable.