Day Tour to Philadelphia & Amish Country
4.3 stars: Based on 6 reviews via
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Discover the first capital of the United States and see Independence Hall and Liberty Bell before exploring America’s largest Amish community where a lifestyle of a bygone era continues to this day.
Our guide to Day Tour to Philadelphia & Amish Country
Visit historic Philadelphia and Pennsylvania’s Amish Country on an excursion from New York. See the Liberty Bell, Constitution Hall, the famous Rocky Steps, and more before heading out to Lancaster County to experience Amish culture.
Known as “The City of Brotherly Love”, after its founding fathers, the Quakers, Philadelphia is home to many historical and colonial sites that played an important role in the founding of the nation. In recent years, it’s undergone a cultural renaissance and is booming with museums, restaurants, art and top attractions.
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- Liberty Bell
- Constitution Square and Congress Hall
- Elfresth's Alley and the Rocky Steps
Before departing Philadelphia we see the famous “Rocky Steps” and then continue to Lancaster County, home of the Amish community. The Amish a group of traditionalist Christian church fellowships with Swiss Anabaptist origins who are known for simple living, plain dress and reluctance to adopt many conveniences of modern technology including cars and computers.
After a break for lunch on own at the Amish Marketplace we enjoy an authentic Amish buggy ride through the farm country and learn how they live without the benefit of modern technology, no electricity, running water, telephone service or appliances. Visit an Amish homestead to see their lifestyle including a single room schoolhouse, where Amish children learn to read and write and speak a foreign language, English. This is an amazing day in the American heartland to see the unique lifestyle of a bygone era that continues this day.
Average 4.3 out of 5 (6 customer reviews)
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Day Tour to Philadelphia & Amish Country from New York
- Advanced reservations are required. Please detail your chosen date at the time of booking.
- Hotel pick-ups are not included. You must make your own way to the departure point close to Times Square.
- Refreshments are not included in the tour price.
- Tour itinerary is subject to change.
- 100% cancellation charges apply to all bookings cancelled within 21 days of the tour date.