Exclusive Disney on Broadway Tour: Behind the Magic at the New Amsterdam Theatre
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Go behind the scenes on Broadway with a local theatre insider and learn the story of America's original show business industry. This tour takes you deep into the history of NYC's world-famous theatre district and inside the New Amsterdam Theatre, where you'll go backstage to try on props from some of your favorite productions, like Aladdin and The Lion King.
Our guide to Exclusive Disney on Broadway Tour: Behind the Magic at the New Amsterdam Theatre
See Broadway from a whole new angle on this behind-the-scenes tour led by a Broadway insider.
You'll start under the bright lights of Broadway with a full walking tour, led by one of our theatre-world insiders. Our guides have worked on Broadway as actors, directors and theatre managers, so who better to show you around? As you stop off at iconic spots, like Sardi's restaurant and Shubert Theatre, you'll hear classic stories of how stars like Barbra Streisand were made, as well as the not-so-glamorous reality of daily life for Broadway's workers and performers, who labour around the clock to keep this voracious entertainment machine running.
All of this is background for the star of the show: your visit to the New Amsterdam Theatre.
This history-packed gem has gone through many ups and downs since its founding over a hundred years ago, but it's now thriving as the home of Disney Theatrical Productions who are responsible for hits like The Lion King and The Little Mermaid.
You'll have a full hour in the theatre outside of opening hours, where the in-house expert will take you behind closed doors to show you the enormous amount of time, money, and effort that goes into the lavish productions that they put on. As the cherry on top of your visit, you'll step onto the stage to try on costumes and props from past and present productions. Take pictures with props from The Lion King, try on Mary Poppins' iconic coat and bag, and see other costumes that are part of Broadway history.
We choose all of our guides for this tour from the ranks of Broadway's insiders to give you a unique perspective on the fascinating world behind the curtain.
Varies, please see calendar.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Exclusive Disney on Broadway Tour: Behind the Magic at the New Amsterdam Theatre
- As COVID regulations change frequently and at short notice, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have checked the requirements that New York has put in place so that all visitors have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no-shows after tour commencement or departure.
- This tour has a maximum capacity of 25 guests.
- Please note, that the voucher is NOT redeemable at the New Amsterdam Theater ticket desk.
- This tour ends at the New Amsterdam Theatre. On occasion, the tour may end within walking distance of the theater.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.