Greenwich Village Food Tour
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Find out what makes Greenwich Village a true foodie haven on this tour taking you to some of the best spots in town.
Our guide to Greenwich Village Food Tour
Find out what makes Greenwich Village a true foodie haven on this tour taking you to some of the best spots in town. Get a taste of authentic New York-style pizza, dig into creamy pasta dishes and indulge in some delicious gelato as you discover favorite local haunts and get a sense of the rich immigrant culture that shaped the area into what it is today.
Your exploration of Greenwich Village begins at one of the neighborhood's most iconic landmarks. Dive into the story of the area’s rich Italian heritage the best way possible – alongside some fried arancini from one of our favorite family-run eateries.
Next, it’s time to dig into the fascinating world of handmade pasta-making at our first stop. Run by the same family for over 100 years, you’ll try some of their delicious traditional cheese ravioli and learn more about their methods of preparation, the various types of pasta, and what makes theirs so unique. You’ll also get to see the traditional manual pasta-cutting machine which they’ve been using since the store opened in 1906!
Of course, by now it’s time for coffee! At the second stop of the day, you’ll step inside a family-run café, that imports high-quality Italian coffee beans. For the perfect pick-me-up, a rich espresso is in order.
If there’s one food New York is known for, it’s pizza. As you sink your teeth into a cheesy slice from one of the Village’s most iconic pizza joints, you’ll learn more about how pizza came to be valued far above any other fast food in New York. Afterward, it’s time to swing back to the spot where the arancini you tasted earlier was cooked. Run by the same family for generations, this has become one of the most popular spots for Italian specialties. It’s the perfect place to pick up some authentic charcuterie and cheeses to enjoy a sample of the area’s finest gourmet delicacies.
The next stop is a relatively new addition to the Greenwich Village food scene. Despite only opening in the 1990s, this restaurant has mastered the art of the Italian meatball. You’ll have the chance to try it for yourself, alongside an olive oil tasting led by your expert guide. Finally, it’s time for a sweet treat. With so many delicious options around, it would be a shame to try just one. That’s why you’ll get two! Begin with some freshly baked Italian pastries, then indulge in some gelato in a chic Italian-style ice cream shop.
Sites Visited Greenwich Village, Washington Square Park, MacDougal St, Pasta Shop, Coffee Shop, Father Demo Square, Artisanal Food Stores, NYC Pizza place, Trattorias, Pasticceria, Chocolate Shop.
Washington Square N, New York, 10012, US
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Greenwich Village Food Tour
- As COVID regulations change frequently and at short notice, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have checked the requirements that New York has put in place so that all visitors have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- The itinerary is subject to change without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no-shows after tour commencement or departure.
- This tour has a maximum capacity of 12 guests.
- Walks comply with all local government regulations. You may need to wear a mask or provide proof of vaccination to enter certain venues. Please refer to New York government guidelines for the most up-to-date information
- Please allow plenty of time to arrive for your tour. Transportation in NYC whether by taxi, car, or subway is notoriously slow and can often be unreliable.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings canceled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.