Flames of the Forest Aboriginal Cultural Experience
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Flames of the Forest transports you into a world beyond your imagination
Enjoy a spiritual and mystical rainforest dining adventure as you join the Flames of the Forest Aboriginal Cultural Experience with two Kuku Yalanji brothers sharing their remarkable culture with you during the evening.
Our guide to Flames of the Forest Aboriginal Cultural Experience
A Flames of the Forest vehicle will pick you up from your hotel to commence an evening Aboriginal Cultural Experience. Just ten minutes from Port Douglas, Flames of the Forest is a world away from the everyday.
Showcasing a unique, tropics-inspired menu accompanied by a selection of quality beverages and set amidst the candle-lit rainforest under a black silk canopy with sparkling chandeliers, Flames of the Forest offers you a distinctly different dining experience entwined with Indigenous culture.
The Aboriginal Cultural Experience introduces two local Aboriginal brothers sharing their remarkable culture with you throughout the evening. Their performance, unique to Flames of the Forest and staged within the natural, authentic backdrop of this spiritual culture, features traditional storytelling, didgeridoo and incredible song.
Your tour concludes at approximately 10:30pm, at which time hotel drop-offs will commence
Sample Menu (subject to change without notice)
To Begin Your Journey...
- Trio of dips - roasted eggplant with red pepper, feta & fresh herbs, basil pesto & traditional butter served with freshly baked bread
Sharing the journey with your table friends
- Tiger prawns served with a crisp vegetable & sprout salad drizzled with a chilli & lime dressing
- Tableland salad of mesclun, vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, fresh garlic croutons and Spanish onion finished with a honey mustard dressing
- Lemon myrtle-infused kangaroo loin on a bed of wild rocket & toasted macadamia nuts garnished with homemade fig chutney
- Locally caught pan-fried reef fish served with lightly steamed seasonal greens and finished with a fragrant coconut & kaffir lime broth
- Jungle spiced chicken breast with an aromatic fresh date & fire roasted red pepper cous cous topped with a mint and bush lime yoghurt
- Slow-roasted Black Angus sirloin served on a warm kipfler potato & green bean salad accompanied by confit cherry tomatoes & finished with a red wine jus
- Traditional Pavlova accompanied by seasonal tropical fruits, fragrant vanilla bean chantilly cream & passion fruit coulis
Note – allergens including fish, shellfish, soy, nuts, eggs and sesame seeds maybe present in some dishes. Please advise us of any allergies prior to booking.
Thursdays. Does not operate from mid-January to mid-March.
This tour picks up from centrally located Port Douglas accommodations from 6.50am.
Around 3 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Flames of the Forest Aboriginal Cultural Experience
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Please note the menu is a sample only and is subject to change, dependent on the availability of local produce and season.
- Please dress according to the weather for the day. Comfortable, flat shoes are recommended to walk through the forest, and a jacket during cooler months is advisable.
- This tour requires a minimum of 10 passengers for it to operate. If minimum numbers are not achieved, tours may be cancelled at short notice.
- Please note, children 0-5 years inclusive are not catered for.
- Please advise at time of booking any special dietary requirements.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds for bookings cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel or in the event of a no-show.
Frequently Asked Questions for Flames of the Forest Aboriginal Cultural Experience
- What should I bring?
A jacket in cooler months, flat comfortable shoes, an open mind and a sense of fun.