The Golden Circle Classic - Gullfoss, Geysir and Thingvellir
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Unmissable, Spring Special now available!
Witness Iceland’s world renowned pristine natural beauty and phenomena on this day trip from the capital which will take you to spouting hot springs, waterfalls and charming towns.
Our guide to The Golden Circle Classic - Gullfoss, Geysir and Thingvellir
The Golden Circle Classic Tour takes you to Þingvellir National Park, arguably the most important site in Iceland in terms of history, culture, and geology.
The birthplace of the Old Icelandic Commonwealth and the Alþingi Assembly, the plains of Þingvellir is where Iceland’s most powerful leaders met to decide on legislation and carry out brutal Viking-age justice.
A UNESCO world heritage site, Þingvellir National Park is home to Iceland‘s largest natural lake and the place where the tectonic plates of North America and Eurasia split and drift apart.
From Þingvellir, the tour continues through an area of beautiful scenery towards some of Iceland's greatest natural attractions at Gullfoss waterfall and Geysir hot spring area.
At Gullfoss, you will get so close to this powerful waterfall that you can feel the mist of glacial water on your face as it cascades down into the narrow Hvítárgljúfur canyon.
A lunch break is usually taken in Gullfoss Cafe or at the Information Centre in the Geysir area.
Returning from Gullfoss, the next stop is the Geysir hot spring area, where you will get to walk amidst the hissing steam vents, sulfurous mud pots, and get up close to an erupting geyser. Home of 'The Geysir' hot spring, which all geysers are named after. The area also boasts The Strokkur hot spring, one of the world's most reliable fountain geysers, which blasts out a column of scalding water up to 20 metres into the air every 4 to 8 minutes!
From Geysir hot spring area, the return journey takes you past the Laugarvatn and Apavatn Lakes on the way back to Reykjavik.
Daily, year round.
8.30am, 9.30am, 10.30am and 1pm. Hotel pick-ups commence 30 minutes prior to the tour start time.
Approximately 6-7 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for The Golden Circle Classic - Gullfoss, Geysir and Thingvellir
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- Pick-up from hotels and guest houses starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time. You will be advised specific times upon reconfirmation locally.
- Returning from your tour, you will be dropped off at the pick-up point you were collected from or at the closest possible point.
- In the event of unsuitable weather, the tour operator reserves the right to amend or cancel the itinerary.
- *CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
- As COVID regulations change frequently and at short notice, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have checked the requirements that Iceland has put in place so that all visitors have a safe and enjoyable experience.