South Coast & Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Discover Iceland's most iconic waterfall!
Explore the natural beauty and stunning mountain scenery of Iceland's south coast, including the country's biggest volcano, before visiting the extraordinary Jokulsarlon glacial lagoon.
Our guide to South Coast & Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon
On this tour, you will travel along South Iceland's coast on the narrow strip of lush farmland that cuts between mountains, glaciers and the vast Atlantic Ocean.
The route is lined with natural treasures including the iconic Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls, Skaftafell National Park and Vatnajökull glacier to name but a few.
Passing the southern edge of the mighty Vatnajökull Glacier roughly midway between Reykjavik and Jökulsárlón glacier Lagoon, Skaftafell National Park offers magnificent views of glaciers, rivers and endless plains of sand.
Skaftafell is a part of Vatnajökull Glacier National Park that stretches over an area of 14.000 square km, or roughly 10 times the size of London.
When you think nothing can beat the scenery, Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon opens up before your eyes and takes your breath away. Packed with icebergs in various shades of white and blue, the lagoon‘s extraordinary scenery is popular with travellers, photographers and film makers from all over the world.
Why not add on a Glacier Lagoon Boat ride? (Summer only)
Between May and September there is the option to add on an unforgettable boat ride during your visit to the glacier lagoon!
Specialised amphibious vehicles take visitors out onto the lagoon sailing among the enormous chunks of ice. Various bird species can be seen feeding in and around the lagoon and seals are a fairly common sight both at the mouth of the lagoon and at the sea side beach.
It is recommended to pre-book this additional activity to avoid disapointment as the boats can fill up. Please note, from October to April, the boat tours don't run due to the volume of ice bergs.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for South Coast & Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- Pick-up from hotels and guesthouses starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time. You will be advised specific times upon reconfirmation locally.
- Boat tours at the Glacier Lagoon are available for an additional cost during the summer (May to September).
- Please note you will be collected from your hotel and taken to the Gray Line Iceland depot to wait for the rest of your group to arrive/be collected. Depending on hotel locations etc. this can sometimes take 15-45 minutes. Once everyone is present, your tour will depart.
- Returning from your tour, you will be dropped off at the pick-up point you were collected from or at the closest possible point.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.