Golden Circle & Langjokull Glacier by SuperJeep
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
See three exceptional Icelandic sights - Thingvellir National Park, Geysir geothermal area and Gullfoss waterfall on one itinerary on on this incredible Super Jeep tour where you will immerse yourself in the country's nature, geology and history while taking some impressive photos!
Our guide to Golden Circle & Langjokull Glacier by SuperJeep
Explore Iceland's Golden Circle on this fascinating tour which also includes an adrenaline-pumping off-road drive to Langjökull glacier, the second largest ice cap in Iceland!
The first stop is Thingvellir National Park where the Icelandic parliament was founded over 1000 years ago.
Here you will see how the earth is ever-so-slowly pulling apart along the North-America and Eurasian tectonic plates and you can even stand where the Viking settlers stood centuries ago to edict national laws.
Next, you will visit the Geysir geothermal area in Haukadalur where you can see geysers, hot springs, steam vents and eerie blue algae. Strokkur is one of the largest and most powerful geysers and erupts almost every 5 minutes!
The final stop of the Golden Circle takes you to Gullfoss waterfall, which many consider to be the queen of Icelandic waterfalls, as it is both high and mighty and stumbles dramatically in a deep gorge.
After recharging your batteries at Gullfoss Café it's time to head off-road across glaciers and highlands, splashing through rivers and the rough terrain. You will enjoy the landscape from your super Jeep while occasionally stopping next incredible sights.
Then visit Faxi, a small but beautiful waterfall, and then the amazing Kerið crater before driving back to Reykjavik.
Why not add on a Snowmobile ride?
For an additional supplement, there is the option to add-on a thrilling 1-hour snowmobile ride on Langjökull glacier. When booking, simply choose whether you want to share a snowmobile (you can switch between driving and riding throughout the journey if you wish) or have one all to yourself for an hour.
Please note, the age limit to operate a snowmobile is 18 years old and a valid driver’s license is needed as well. Children and those who don’t hold a driver’s license are welcome to ride as passengers. This activity is subject to weather conditions.
* Please note that the supplement for the snowmobile is in addition to the tour cost. You will need to add both to the basket.
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Golden Circle & Langjokull Glacier by SuperJeep
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location to be collected.
- A minimum of two passengers is required for the tour to operate.
- There is no overall maximum group size as such but each vehicle used normally seats a maximum of 6 passengers.
- The supplier reserves the right to alter tours due to weather or road conditions or any other circumstances out of their control. This includes cancellation at any moment during the tour to ensure the safety of clients and staff.
- Please note that the age limit for snowmobile tours is 6 years old.
- The age limit to operate a snowmobile is 18 years old, and a fully valid driver’s license is needed as well. Children and those who don’t hold a driver’s license are welcome to ride as passengers.
- One child per adult. If you have an additional child travelling with you, the additional children are required to pay the adult rate.
- Hotel pick-up is available from most centrally located hotels. If your hotel isn't on the pick-up list, a convenient nearby pick-up point will be advised.
- This activity is subject to weather conditions.
- *CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for Golden Circle & Langjokull Glacier by SuperJeep
What is the Golden Circle?
The Golden Circle is Iceland's most popular route between 3 of its most visited attractions, Þingvellir National Park, Geysir geothermal area, and Gullfoss waterfall.
When should I visit the Golden Circle?
The Golden Circle is a year-round attraction, although during Iceland's summer, you will enjoy longer days.
Facilities & Amenities
Are there toilets on the Golden Circle?
There are toilets during the Golden Circle tour, but some locations may require you to pay to use the facilities.
How many miles is the Golden Circle?
The typical journey covers around 230Km (140 miles). You can actually drive the route in just over 3 hours, but will need to factor in time to stop and take in the sites also.
How big is the Langjokull Glacier?
The Langjokull Glacier (or Long Glacier) is about 24 kilometers wide and 64 kilometers long. It is the second-largest ice cap type of glacier in the country.
Clothing & Accessories
What do I need to bring with me for the Snowmobiling?
It is essential each person takes their Driver's License if they wish to operate the snowmobile. Layers of warm clothing and a waterproof jacket is highly recommended.