Botany Bay & Rocks Walking Tour
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
A great introduction to the most multicultural, vibrant and beautiful of cities
Enjoy an afternoon tour of Botany Bay and The Rocks, two significant locations that tell the story of how modern Australia was formed and see impressive views of the city.
Our guide to Botany Bay & Rocks Walking Tour
Travel across the Sydney Harbour Bridge to Milsons Point and stop for spectacular views of the Sydney Opera House, Harbour Bridge and city skyline.
Head East towards the Sydney Cricket Ground before arriving at La Perouse, a historical headland suburb where Captain Cook first landed in 1770. From this vantage point see Botany Bay and the protected beaches, where the English and French naval ships arrived on the shores of this land. See the historical buildings and learn how the Aboriginal people were impacted.
Return to The Rocks area and discover the birthplace of modern Australia on a guided walking tour. Wander the cobbled laneways and learn the rich history of the area from a British colony of convicts and sailors to a thriving entertainment precinct. Once the tour concludes, choose to stay and enjoy the area or return to your hotel.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Botany Bay & Rocks Walking Tour
- Comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended. Don’t forget your swimming costume, sunscreen, hat and sunglasses.
- The minimum number of passengers on this excursion is 2 and the maximum number is 50.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or over.
- Low level of fitness required.
- Itinerary subject to change withhout notice.
- This tour drops off at King Street Wharf.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.
Frequently Asked Questions for Botany Bay & Rocks Walking Tour
- Will the coach be comfortable and modern?
Yes, our tour operator has one of the newest coach fleets in Australia. The modern and luxurious Scania coaches are equipped with air conditioning, reclining seats, seatbelts, restrooms, two door access, ample legroom and large panoramic windows, so you won't miss a thing. Most coaches are also equipped with phone chargers and free WiFi to keep you in touch with the outside world.
- Can I join or leave a tour part way through?
Yes, you are free to join and leave the tour as you like. However, you must advise the tour operator locally if you plan on doing so, and any transport required from your departure location is wholly your responsibility. Please note we cannot provide refunds for unused portions of your tour.
- Will I have time on my own?
Yes, you will have free time to explore the area on your own.
- Can I stay on the coach when we stop if I am feeling tired?
For security reasons the coach must be empty and locked at every stop. Please see your Driver Guide if any assistance is required to locate a rest spot.
- What do I need to bring?
Comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses, hat and sunscreen, water bottle and a jacket in the cooler months. Don’t forget your swimming costume.
- Is smoking allowed?
Government regulations prohibit smoking on-board all tourist coaches in Australia. Please restrict smoking to the ample stops on your Holiday or Day Tour. Smoking is also not permitted in hotels, restaurants and public spaces such as shops, museums and art galleries in Australia.