Original Venice Walking Tour with Skip-the-line Entrance to St Mark’s Basilica
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Venice's most popular walking tour...
This one of a kind Venice walking tour is the ideal starting point for the first time visitor. Explore St Marks Square, see exquisite Gothic palaces, visit Marco Polo’s House and enjoy fast track entrance to the stunning St Mark’s Basilica.
Our guide to Original Venice Walking Tour with Skip-the-line Entrance to St Mark’s Basilica
Tracing the history of Venice from its origins to modern times, this popular tour features the famous landmarks of St. Marks Square combined with skip the line tickets for St. Marks Basilica and a delightful stroll through the enchanting Hidden Venice.
The first part of this itinerary focuses on St. Mark's Square where you'll learn about Doge's Palace (exterior only), Bell Tower, Clock Tower and the famous Bridge of Sighs, as well as the square's other monuments while enjoying an introduction to the history of Venice.
Also included is a visit to St. Mark's Basilica with skip-the-line ticket - bypass the queues and spend some time exploring this Byzantine masterpiece's mesmeric interior.
For the second part of the tour, escape the crowds and head to Hidden Venice.
Enjoy a delightful stroll along narrow passageways, over delicate bridges and meandering canals following an route littered with important monuments and picture-postcard images that abound in every direction.
The tour continues through the back-streets to visit the Cannaregio district, where you'll admire the most beautiful well-head in Venice and the Pantheon of Venice (only exterior) where many important Venetians were laid to rest, before checking out the lively Campo Santa Maria Formosa.
Throughout, your guide will continue to narrate the story of the most unique city in the world and, of course, modern day Venice and what it's like to live there. The itinerary ends near the Rialto Bridge.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Original Venice Walking Tour with Skip-the-line Entrance to St Mark’s Basilica
- St. Mark's Basilica can sometimes close without notice due to high water levels or festivities.
- Please note - guaranteed skip-the-line entrance tickets for St Mark's Basilica are compulsory in order to visit between April to October due to the high number of visitors. However, other times of the year are considered off-peak and the skip-the-line element may not actually be required.
- During high water levels, the tour will take place but it might be partly adapt according to the weather conditions.
- When St Mark’s Basilica is open during high water levels, skip the line tickets will not be accepted as all visitors must use only one door to access the church.
- Shoulders and knees must be covered to enter St Marks Basilica. Large bags are not allowed inside the Basilica.
- This tour is of a historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change.
- A minimum of 4 people is required for the tour to operate. If the minimum numbers are not reached on your chosen date you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.
- Maximum of 22-25 people per guide.
- Cancellation Policy: More than 8 days before tour departure: no charge; From 7 to 4 days: 50% charge; Less than 3 days and no show: 100% non refundable.