Waitomo Glowworm Caves & Rotorua Sights from Auckland
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Tick off a selection of sights on this fascinating full day tour...
Enjoy two of New Zealand's most famous destinations in one day. Begin with a guided tour of Waitomo Cave's stalactites and glowworms before heading to the bubbling mud pools and geysers of Rotorua.
Our guide to Waitomo Glowworm Caves & Rotorua Sights from Auckland
An interesting day is in store on this action-packed itinerary which takes in numerous scenic and cultural highlights from the North Island's central region.
Depart Auckland and travel through lush Waikato farmland. On arrival in the small town of Waitomo, partake in a guided tour through the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves with amazing stalactites, stalagmites and other limestone formations.
Finish with a silent boat ride through the Glowworm Grotto - a subterranean cavern lit up by the lights of thousands of tiny glowworms.
Lunch is provided during the journey from Waitomo to Rotorua. On the outskirts of Rotorua sits the Agrodome, where you will take a tour of an organic working farm, watch sheep being shorn and view a live sheep dog trial.
Next stop is Te Puia, where you will enjoy a Maori cultural performance with song, dance, poi and stick games, followed by a guided tour of the bubbling mudpools and active geysers of Te Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley and a visit to Te Puia's woodcarving and weaving schools.
Participants then re-board the coach for the return journey to Auckland.
Tour concludes at approximately 8:10pm, at which time accommodation drop offs will commence.
Daily, year round.
7.30am. Hotel Pick-ups commence up to 60 minutes before the tour departure time.
Approximately 13 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Waitomo Glowworm Caves & Rotorua Sights from Auckland
- Exact order of itinerary subject to change depending on local conditions, weather etc.
- If the Waitomo Caves tour cannot operate, a free upgrade to the Ruakuri Cave will be provided subject to availability. If the Ruakuri upgrade is provided, the Waitomo Caves portion is non refundable.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.