Great Barrier Reef & Rainforest Scenic Helicopter Flight
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Soar over Cairns to the surrounding mountains of the Great Dividing Range.
Fly over two World Heritage listed areas on this breathtaking helicopter flight where you will discover the lush rainforest surrounding Cairns and fly over the world renowned Great Barrier Reef.
Our guide to Ultimate Reef & Rainforest Scenic Helicopter Flight
After the all important safety briefing, board your helicopter to commence a 60 minute Ultimate Reef and Rainforest scenic flight.
Enjoy stunning views of Cairns city, fly over Copperlode Dam, rainforest clad mountains and through the Barron Gorge. You will witness the incredible change as green turns to blue flying past the Northern Beaches over Double Island. The isolation of sand cays will amaze you as you continue the flight over Arlington Reef before returning to Cairns.
Tour concludes approximately 60 minutes after commencement, at which time hotel drop offs will commence.
The many sights you will see include:
- Cairns city, the lagoon, the marina, and the surrounding suburbs from a truly unique perspective as you begin the flight climbing up to 2,500 feet.
- Copperlode Dam, Redlynch Valley, Stoney Creek, the Barron Gorge and Kuranda
- Upolo Reef, Vlassof Reef, Middle Cay, Arlington Reef and Green Island
Daily, year round.
The tour is available morning and afternoons.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Great Barrier Reef & Rainforest Scenic Helicopter Flight
- Flight paths and timings may vary due to weather or air traffic control. Flights are weather dependent and subject to the pilot's final discretion.
- A minimum of 2 persons are needed to book this tour.
- Infants 0-2 years are free of charge if sitting on a parents lap. A maximum of one infant per helicopter may travel as per CASA regulations.
- Due to Aviation Weight Restrictions, a client's body weight must be advised at the time of booking. Should a client advise a weight variance of more than 10%, the right is reserved to charge a 100% cancellation fee.
- Prices listed for these packages are based on 1 helicopter with up to 4 passengers.
- With fluctuations in world oil prices, it may be necessary to apply a fuel surcharge to the ticket price. In such cases, any charge will be collected on departure.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled before your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post-departure.
Frequently Asked Questions for Great Barrier Reef & Rainforest Scenic Helicopter Flight
- Do you provide transfers from accommodation?
Yes, packages include courtesy transfers to and from your accommodation on your day of travel except where indicated. Pick-ups and drop off cover the Cairns metropolitan area.
- Can we take photographs in the helicopters?
All helicopters have clear windows which enable you to take some incredible photographs of the Reef and Rainforest. Some of the helicopters have windows that can be opened for photo shooting as well. All we ask is that when taking pictures no part of the body or camera is placed outside of the helicopter, and straps are not to be placed around the neck for safety reasons.
- Why are weights so important on a helicopter?
Like aeroplane flights, weights play an important role in helicopters. We need to ensure that helicopters on all flights are not overloaded under the Civil Aviation Safety Authority regulations. For this reason, we need you to provide accurate weights when booking. There is no need to be concerned as your weights are kept strictly confidential and you will also be weighed on arrival, including your luggage.
- What happens if the weather is bad?
If at the time of departure, the pilots deem that the flight cannot go ahead due to bad weather conditions and thus raising safety concerns, the flight will be cancelled. If this occurs, the tour operator will make every endeavour to place you on an alternate flight that will meet your requirements. If this is not plausible, a full refund will be offered.