First Ferry Early Access Statue of Liberty Tour with Ellis Island
- Free cancellations*
- 5 reviews rated 5 stars
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Meet NYC’s most famous lady up close and in person on this fantastic Early Access Statue of Liberty Tour. Enjoy a 360-degree experience of not one but two of America's most iconic sites on an Ellis Island and learn the story of Lady Liberty with stunning views over New York Harbour.
Our guide to First Ferry Early Access Statue of Liberty Tour with Ellis Island
Begin your day at The Battery (formerly known as Battery Park) – the historical gateway to Lady Liberty. Then, board the earliest ferry of the day (earliest booking time), ensuring you avoid the swelling afternoon crowds, and sail away from Manhattan to greet the Statue of Liberty.
It is here your guide will dive deep into the story of how Lady Liberty came to be. As you tour the island, your guide – an expert in setting the stage, creating the scene, and invoking your imagination – will share the incredible historical facts that fuel your understanding of just how important this monument truly is. Take in beautiful views of the famed New York skyline, the Brooklyn Bridge, and the surrounding environs. Wander through the Statue of Liberty Museum and stand mere feet from Lady Liberty’s original torch!
After the Statue of Liberty, board the short ferry to Ellis Island – another mammoth site in the history of the United States. Your guide sets the tone with a brief introduction and provides recommendations on how to get the most from your visit. Then you can explore this special place at your own pace. Knowing how touching Ellis Island can be, we give everyone time to wander the site, enjoy the official audio guide, search the passenger records for family names, or pause for a quick bite to eat at the popular cafeteria. You are also welcome to return on the ferry with your guide.
Varies, please see calendar.
Around 4 hours
Average 4.3 out of 5 (6 customer reviews)
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for First Ferry Early Access Statue of Liberty Tour with Ellis Island
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- This tour has a maximum capacity of 20 guests.
- Please note this tour does not include a visit to the Statue of Liberty's Crown, due to security measures in place by the National Park Services who manage the Statue of Liberty.
- Tour participants must be able to climb and descend 215 stairs from the Statue lobby to the top of the pedestal - this is up until 31 March 2020 whereafter the Pedestal is NOT included
- Please note that guests will need to pass through airport style security to enter the Statue of Liberty. Certain items are not permitted in the Statue of Liberty and such items will be confiscated and will not be returned. Please refer to the Statue of Liberty’s guidelines on specific prohibited items.
- Please note, the ferry does not operate during heavy rain or other adverse weather conditions; when this occurs, an alternative option is provided.
- For 11.00am and 1.00pm tours during the summer months please note that these tours have NO early access to the Statue of Liberty.
- Please be aware that upon arrival at Liberty Island, if you are carrying a backpack or large bags you are required to put your bag/s into a locker which costs $0.25 only. You MUST have a quarter and cannot use a dime and a nickle for example.
- Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 72 hours prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours of tour date.
Frequently Asked Questions for First Ferry Early Access Statue of Liberty Tour with Ellis Island
I have mobility issues/use a wheelchair, can I take this tour?
Yes! The Statue Pedestal has elevator access so this tour can accomodate wheelchair users or those with limited mobility. The only part you will not be able to visit is a small platform at the very top of the Statue Pedestal.