Take to the skies and enjoy wonderful views of New York City's world famous attractions on this extended New York Helicopter flight. See the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Chrysler Building and more.
Our guide to New York New York Helicopter Tour
The New York New York Helicopter Tour starts along the Hudson River, flying by Manhattan’s Financial District and One World Trade Center, affording wonderful bird's eye views of the Statue of Liberty, Governors Island, Ellis Island and the Verrazano Bridge.
From here, your helicopter flight continues up the Hudson River towards Midtown where you will see all of New York City’s most famous skyscrapers including the Empire State Building, Met Life, Woolworth and Chrysler buildings along with the USS Intrepid.
Soar over Central Park then fly right over the George Washington Briidge where you can see Grant's Tomb and the breathtaking Palisades of New Jersey.
On this encompassing tour you may even catch a glimpse of he Yankee Stadium and MetLife Stadium where Super Bowl XLVII was played.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a combined Security Fee/Passenger Service Charge of $40 per person that must be paid upon check-in. Unfortunately this cannot be paid in advance.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for New York New York Helicopter Tour
- There is a combined Security Fee/Passenger Service Charge of $40 per person that must be paid upon check-in. Unfortunately, this cannot be paid in advance.
- New York New York Helicopter Tour is a shared flight. Each flight accommodates up to 6 persons.
- New York Helicopter Tours will only be cancelled when it is unsafe to fly, they will not be cancelled if the weather is overcast.
- If your New York New York Helicopter Tour is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will be offered an alternative time and date to fly. If you are unable to re-schedule for a suitable time/date that fits with your plans, your ticket voucher will be given a weather stamp and you will receive a full refund.
- There is no minimum age, although infants under 2 years AND under 35lbs must sit on adult's lap. There is no charge for infants.
- Please note flight times are on request.
- Once your reservation is complete with Liberty Helicopters, your exact time will be confirmed. If the time you have requested is not available, we will contact you to offer an alternative time.
- There is a maximum weight allowance per passenger of 300lbs
- Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 24 hours prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 24 hours of tour date.
Frequently Asked Questions for New York New York Helicopter Tour
- Why do I need to pay a passenger handling fee and security fee upon check-in?
These are mandatory fees imposed by the heliports and local authorities and not the helicopter operator. The fees can only be paid at the heliport upon check-in. The current charge is $40 per person.
- Do I need to book a date for my New York Helicopter Tour in advance?
Yes. Due to the huge popularity of this experience, most time slots are booked out in advance
- Where do the New York Helicopter Tours depart from?
The New York Helicopter Tours depart daily from the Downtown Heliport, Pier 6 and the East River. The location is at the southern tip of Manhattan.
- How many people can ride in a helicopter?
Each helicopter seats up to 6 passengers plus the pilot.
- What happens if my New York Helicopter Tour is cancelled due to weather?
If your New York Helicopter tour is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will be offered an alternative time and date to fly. If you are unable to re-schedule for a suitable time/date that fits with your plans, your ticket voucher will be given a weather stamp and we will be able to refund you in full on your return home.
- Is there a minimum age requirement?
There is no minimum age, although infants under 2 years AND under 35lbs must sit on adult's lap. There is no charge for infants.
- Is there a maximum weight allowance?
Yes, the maximum weight allowance for a passenger is 290-300lbs.