Harlem on Sunday Tour
Visit the home of 'Showtime at the Apollo'
- 3 reviews rated 5 stars
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Experience a Gospel Service in a Harlem Church
Take a memorable Harlem bus tour in New York City on a Sunday morning and visit the heart of New York’s Afro-American community and witness the history and current Renaissance.
Our guide to Harlem on Sunday Tour
From early Dutch farms and historic sites of the American Revolution, today Harlem has evolved into a Afro-American political and cultural center rich in history and tradition.
See historic Hamilton Grange and the Morris Jumel Mansion, used as military headquarters during the American Revolution. Learn about the Harlem Renaissance, where Black writers, intellectuals and musicians flourished and political movements were born. See the landmarks of Harlem including the townhouses of Strivers Row, and Sylvan Terrace, the Abyssinian Baptist Church and 125th Street, Harlem’s commercial center.
Of course, no trip is complete without a stop at the world famous Apollo Theater, where some of the best African- American performers graced the stage and where many got their start. A huge mainstay of American television with their nationally syndicated show, “Showtime at the Apollo”.
But, the highlight of our morning will be a local church service to hear the inspirational & soul stirring sounds of Gospel music known throughout the world. What better way to spend a Sunday morning!?
Departs: Sundays at 8.30am
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point: Corner of 51st & Broadway (1651 Broadway - Times Square)
- Once you’re picked up from the bus stop, we'll head uptown to Harlem, to the famous sights, landmarks and its people that truly make up this historic neighborhood.
- Some of the sights we'll see are Columbia University, The Cathedral of St. John The Devine, City College, Morningside Heights, the Morris Jumel Mansion, Sylvan Terrace, Strivers Row and the Abyssinian Baptist Church, the Cotton Club, the Apollo Theater, and the famous 125th street named after Dr. Martin Luther King.
- And to top it off, you'll join a local congregation for the Sunday worship service and experience the soul-stirring power of gospel music!
- Depart back to the bus stop of origin.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Harlem on Sunday Tour
- Advanced reservations are required. Please select your chosen date at the time of booking.
- Ticket does not include hotel pick-up or drop-off. You must make your own way to the departure point
- Proper attire is required to attend the church service. No Shorts, T-shirts or flip flops allowed.
- Churches do not allow photography during the church service.
- *CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for Harlem on Sunday Tour
Do I need to choose a specific date for the Harlem on Sunday Tour?
Yes, you must book an actual date for this tour. Please select your chose date at the time of booking.
Harlem on Sunday Tour Reviews
Brilliant party of 5 ladies from liverpool mentioned at this service by choir master made it extra special
Trusted Customer reviewed Harlem on Sunday Tour 10 Dec, 2016
Excellent, tour guide was fantastic
Trusted Customer reviewed Harlem on Sunday Tour 16 Sep, 2015
Very good tour
Trusted Customer reviewed Harlem on Sunday Tour 17 Aug, 2015