Northern Lights Mystery Iceland
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
A captivating experience!
Head into the Icelandic countryside as you try and catch a glimpse of the mysterious Northern Lights, one of nature’s most thrilling and spectacular displays.
Our guide to Northern Lights Mystery Iceland
Also known as Aurora Borealis, the Northern Lights is a mysterious natural phenomenon that is only visible from the far reaches of the northern hemisphere on clear nights between September and April
Iceland is the perfect place to go hunting for a glimpse of nature’s version of a fireworks display and this trip, led by expert guides, will take you out into the dark Icelandic wilderness, giving you the best chance to witness these magnificent dancing patterns in the sky. On the clearest nights, you will see the lights swirling across the horizon in dramatic colours, shapes and sizes.
This is a seasonal occurrence and is heavily dependent on favourable weather conditions and clear skies. Your guides will track the weather across southwestern Iceland and then decide on the best route to take to give you the greatest chance of witnessing this phenomenon.
However, if conditions do not look favourable and to avoid the disappointment of not seeing the lights, the tour operator reserves the right to cancel your tour at short notice. In this event, they will endeavour to reschedule you for an alternative date, but if this is not possible we will refund you in full upon your return home.
Top Tip!: To give yourself the best opportunity to see the Northern Lights, it is recommended to book your tour for the first night of your trip to Iceland.
Daily from 23 Aug 2019 to Mid-April 2020.
Between 3 and 5 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Northern Lights Mystery Iceland
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- Pick-ups from hotels start 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time of the tour.
- The Northern Lights can only be seen on clear nights, therefore the tour operator reserves the right to cancel this tour if the evening sky is heavily clouded or weather conditions are not favourable. In this event, they will do their best to reschedule you for a different date, but if this is not possible you will be refunded in full upon your return home.
- If the tour does commence sightings cannot be 100% guaranteed. No refunds can be given in this instance.
- In order to give yourself the best opportunity to see the Northern Lights, it is recommended to book your tour for the first night of your trip to Iceland.
- A decision is taken daily at 6 pm whether the tour will be operated or not. All hotels and booking agents in Reykjavik are informed by email about our decision so please contact the front desk of your hotel, the tour desk or the tour operator to find out whether the tour will be operating.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.