Old Town Trolley Tour of Washington DC
- Pay in instalments
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
The place where Obama, Trump, Reagan and Kennedy have called home!
Monuments, memorials, museums, picturesque scenery and magnificent architecture are abundant in Washington DC and the Old Town Trolley Tours offers the best way to see them all. You can hop on and off at any of the 17 stops as often as you like. Choose between three different passes!
Our guide to Old Town Trolley Tour of Washington DC
An Old Town Trolley Tour is an easy and convenient way of visiting Washington's abundance of sights with the on board narration providing entertainment and fascinating facts along the way.
Hop on and off at any of the 17 stops allowing you to take in more than 100 points of interest at your own pace - you can effectively plan your own itinerary!
Highlighs include the Capitol Building, the Supreme Court and several of the Smithsonian Museums. See for yourself why so many people are in awe of the Lincoln Memorial and learn the touching stories behind the Vietnam Veterans and World War II Memorials.
Take your time to stroll through the Museum of American History and learn more about Ford’s Theatre and that fateful night when Abraham Lincoln was assassinated.
Visit Arlington National Cemetery (depending on pass chosen) and explore the rich history found within the cemetery grounds. . This is the final resting place for more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families.
The past, present and future are alive on every corner in Washington DC where history has been continually made.
With the Old Town Trolley Tour of Washington D.C. you have three passes to choose from -
Silver Pass: One day of free unlimited re-boarding, Shuttle to Arlington Cemetry, Uptown Loop shuttle
Gold Pass: all of the inclusions of the Silver Pass plus the Arlington Cemetarty Loop and round-trip boat cruises to Georgetown, Alexandria Marina or National Harbour
Platinum Pass: All of the inclusions of the Gold Pass plus two days of free unlimited re-boarding instead of one
Full list of stops:
- Washington Welcome Center/Ford's Theatre/Peterson House-Tour
- White House/Visitor Center/National Aquarium
- National Archives/U.S. Navy Memorial
- National Law Enforcement Museum
- Union Station/Smithsonian Postal Museum -Begin DC Duck Tour Here
- U.S. Capitol/Supreme Court/ Library of Congress
- Smithsonian Air & Space Museum/ Museum of the American Indian/U.S. Botanical Gardens
- The Wharf - Boarding for Water Taxi Boat Cruise
- International Spy Museum
- Holocaust Memorial Museum/ Bureau of Engraving & Printing / Washington Monument
- Jefferson Memorial/George Mason Memorial
- Franklin Roosevelt Memorial/Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial
- Lincoln Memorial/Vietnam Veterans Memorial/Korean War Veterans Memorial/World War II Memorial/Arlington Cemetery. Transfer to Arlington National Cemetery
- National Museum of American History
- Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
- National Portrait Gallery
Daily year round, closed Thanksgiving Day & Christmas Day.
Trolleys board every 30 minutes from 9.00am to approximately 5.00pm.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Old Town Trolley Tour of Washington DC
- Washington DC is a city of regular special events. Routes are subject to change during these occasions.
- Trolley ticket must be used on consecutive days.
- Ticket is non-transferable and you must show valid ID.
- Extra days or free portion of the ticket has no cash value and is not refundable and non-transferable.
- Itinerary/stops are subject to change.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.
Frequently Asked Questions for Old Town Trolley Tour of Washington DC
- How long does one of your tours take? Tour length is 3-4 hours and includes all stops and transfers.
- What language are the tours in? All of our tours are in English.
- What are your hours? Day Tours begin at 9:00am and run approximately every half-hour until 5:00 pm, seven days a week. Last Re-Boarding Time at a particular stop is 5:00 pm.
- Are the tours narrated? All of our tours are fully narrated, and our guides are accredited by the city government.
- Your trolley came by and it's full, what do I do? Don’t panic. The driver will alert the dispatcher to the problem, and the dispatcher will take steps to correct it; this usually entails sending an extra trolley to pick up some of the guests.
- I have a wheel chair and would like to take your tour, do I need to make other arrangements? If you would like a wheelchair-accessible trolley, we ask that you call at least 24 hours in advance to give us notice and allow us to make accommodations for you. For more information, go to accessibility services.
- Are your trolleys air-conditioned? No; our vehicles are uniquely equipped open-air vehicles with windows that can be opened and closed as needed.