Dart River Wilderness Jet Safari
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Experience the thrill of jet boating along the picturesque Dart River valley then explore ancient beech forests which lie unchanged over millions of years on this amazing tour of stunning Mount Aspiring National Park.
Our guide to Dart River Wilderness Safari
The 'Wilderness Safari' is a diverse adventure exploring spectacular 'World Heritage' wilderness within Mt Aspiring National Park through a combination of exhilarating wilderness jet boating, informative guided ancient forest walk and back-country 4WD safari vehicle. Surrounded by awe-inspiring peaks and mysterious hidden valleys shrouded in native Beech forest, your specialist guides will bring to life the variety of landscapes, vegetation and wildlife within this unique area, as well the captivating stories of the original Maori and early pioneers.
Experience the excitement of a thrilling jet boat journey through the Dart’s ever-changing braided river system; you’ll be amazed by the jet boat’s capabilities and awed by your surroundings of breathtaking snow-capped mountains, ancient native forest, waterfalls and glacial valleys frozen in time.
A guided walk then occurs through an ancient native Beech forest where your knowledgeable guide will enliven your walk with an informative commentary about the unique flora and fauna of this area.
Finally, journey by 4WD safari vehicle along a back-road route while hearing stories about the surrounding countryside and stopping to view spectacular scenery that has formed the epic backdrop for many international movies, including ‘The Lord of the Rings’ trilogy.
Daily, year round. Does not operate on 25th December.
From May to Sep: 8.00am or 12.00pm | From Oct to Apr: 8.00am or 12.30pm. Hotel pick-ups start 30 minutes prior to the departure time.
5 to 6 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Dart River Wilderness Jet Safari
- Children must be at least one metre high to ride on the jet boat.
- You will need boots or sturdy shoes. In summer we recommend you have with you a sunhat, sunglasses, sun-block and insect repellent. In winter we recommend you dress very warmly in layers that are easy to remove. You will need to have a hat and gloves, a fleece top and a windproof jacket.
- Please note that cameras are allowed on the jet boat at owner’s risk.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.