Barcelona Tapas, Taverns & History Tour
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Discover Barcelona’s history through its unique cuisine, taking you through the storied streets of the Gothic Quarter to its lively tapas bars.
Our guide to Barcelona Tapas, Taverns & History Tour
A local family-owned tapas bar is your first stop on this exploration of Barcelona’s history. With strong ties to the local community, this place has been serving drinks for well over 150 years. Sip two Catalan aperitif classics – cava and vermouth – while sampling some delicious local fare to get things started.
Next, it’s time to dig deeper into the roots of Barcelona’s culture and heritage. You’ll take a 50-minute history walk through the narrow backstreets of the Gothic Quarter, and hear more about the city’s fascinating past. From Ancient Roman ruins to the political upheaval of the 20th century, the city will come to life through stories told by your expert guide.
Afterwards, you’ll wind your way towards a true Barcelona institution. This is one of the city’s best-kept secrets and regularly visited by some of Spain's most celebrated chefs. For almost 80 years, this tapas bar has boasted the same menu consisting of just four standout dishes, proof that delicious food doesn’t need to be complicated.
To end the evening, you’ll visit one of the oldest bodegas in the Gothic Quarter for a sit-down meal of various Spanish specialties. In this former bohemian paradise, you’ll sample a range of family-style sharing plates accompanied by local red wine, ending the meal with a traditional Spanish dessert.
Pl. de Ramon Berenguer el Gran, Barcelona, Spain, ES
Please note that the tour meeting time is 10min before the tour star time to check in. If a guest is more than 5min late, they should go to first stop (stated in confirmation email).
3 hours and 30 minutes
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Barcelona Tapas, Taverns & History Tour
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- The tour covers dinner.
- Due to the risk of gluten cross-contamination, this tour is not adaptable for those with celiac disease.
- We do not recommend this tour for vegans.
- This tour is adaptable for: Vegetarians, Pescatarians, Gluten free (not celiacs), Dairy free, Non-alcoholic options & Pregnant women. If you have a dietary requirement or food allergy, please note it when booking.
- Guests with serious food allergies will need to sign an allergy waiver at the start of the tour
- We can acommodate gluten free but cannot guarantee that were will be no risk of cross contamination in the case of celiacs.
- Tour not suitable for children
- Meeting time is 10min before the tour star time to check in. If a guest is more than 5min late, they should go to first stop (stated in confirmation email).
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Cancellation Policy: A full refund will be given on cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement. Cancellations received within 72 hours prior to the tour are non-refundable. We will, however, do our best to reschedule you for another tour. Please note, this is subject to availability and price changes.
- Tours depart precisely at the scheduled tour start time. If you show up late or cannot find the meeting point, for any reason, refund requests are not honoured per policy. For most tours, it is not logistically possible to join the group after it has started.