Kuranda, Skyrail & Scenic Rail
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Glide above the rainforest canopy
Enjoy a breathtaking journey on one of the world's most scenic train routes through hand-hewn tunnels and over bridges spanning spectacular gorges.
Our guide to Kuranda, Skyrail & Scenic Rail
Make your visit to Kuranda a memorable one from door to door. On arrival at Freshwater Station, you are able to avoid the ticketing lines as you are already checked in. Perhaps purchase a light breakfast )own expense) or explore the souvenir shop and museum.
Board the Kuranda Scenic Railway on its arrival for this breathtaking journey on one of the world's most scenic train routes. The journey will take you through hand-hewn tunnels and across bridges with amazing views. Stop at Barron Gorge to view the Falls before arriving at beautiful Kuranda station. Your Kuranda Boarding Pass offers discounted entry into Birdworld, Kuranda Koala Gardens, The Australian Butterfly Sanctuary and Rainforestation as well as a detailed map of Kuranda - the Village in the Rainforest.
At the scheduled time, bypass the ticketing lines and go directly to the Skyrail boarding area, to board Skyrail for the world's most beautiful rainforest experience. Glide over and through the Rainforest canopy and take advantage of the two stops en route to enjoy a walk through the rainforest or visit the CSIRO Interpretive Centre.
Your tour concludes at Skyrail Smithfield Terminal at approximately 3:15pm, at which time hotel drop-offs will commence.
Itinerary (Subject to change without notice):
- Hotel Pick-up
- 8.50am or 9.50am Kuranda Scenic Rail
- 2 - 4 hours of free time in Kuranda
- Kuranda Heritage Markets
- 1.45pm or 3.45pm Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Hotel Drop-off
Daily, year-round except 25th December.
This tour picks up from centrally located Cairns accommodations from 7.30am. Pick-ups and Drop-offs are not available from Yorkey's Knob, Holloways Beach and Machans Beach.
Around 8 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Kuranda, Skyrail & Scenic Rail
- You MUST re-confirm your booking locally at least 24 hours in advance.
- Pick-ups and drop-offs are not available from Yorkey's Knob, Holloways Beach and Machans Beach.
- Trinity Beach pick up and drop offs are from the bus stop at the corner of Moore and Trinity Streets
- Children 3 years and under travel free.
- Tours do not operate on Christmas Day.
- The Kuranda Scenic Rail (KSR) is subject to extreme weather conditions resulting in non-operation. In this instance, return Skyrail will be provided to substitute the KSR portion. You will be advised on the day of alternative arrangements that will be available to you.
- All Kuranda tours are self-guided. Your Boarding Pass will be given to you by your driver. It includes your itinerary in written format, with timings to ensure your day runs as efficiently as possible.
- Fuel levies may be introduced when required. Should this occur, charges will be payable locally and subject to change without notice.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. A fee of 25% of the tour cost will be charged for bookings cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel or in the event of a no show. No refunds are given for cancellations made post-departure.