Florence “Duomo Monumental Complex” Guided Tour
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Enjoy fantastic panoramic views over Florence!
Journey through more than 1500 years of history on this fantastic 1.5-hour guided tour of the “Grande Museo del Duomo” (Great Museum of the Cathedral). Enjoy seeing Brunelleschi's Dome, Giotto's Bell Tower, the Baptistry, Opera del Duomo Museum and much more!
Our guide to Florence “Duomo Monumental Complex” Guided Tour
Meet your guide near the entrance to the Duomo complex and get ready to embrace all the monuments on the world-famous Piazza del Duomo: from the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, to the Brunelleschi’s Dome, Giotto’s Bell Tower, the St. John's Baptistery and the Museum of the Works of the Cathedral.
The first stop with your art historian guide will be the Baptistery, which is dedicated to St. John, the Patron Saint of Florence. The Baptistery is one of the oldest buildings in Florence (XI century) and home to the glittering golden mosaics that decorate the dome and a spectacular Matroneo (Women's Gallery).
Next, visit the elegant Giotto’s Bell Tower, covered in multi-coloured marble and graced with a base decorated with a fabulous figurative cycle. Listen to secrets of the celebrated majestic Brunelleschi’s Dome, the largest masonry construction ever built and known as one of the city's icons. Inside the magnificent Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, a masterpiece of Gothic architecture and the third largest church in the world, you can admire the beautiful frescoes by Vasari and Zuccari adorning the inside of the Dome. This is one of the world's most important stained-glass window cycles created by the greatest artists of the early Renaissance and magnificent works by Baccio Bandinelli, Benedetto da Maiano, Luca Della Robbia, Lorenzo Ghiberti, Andrea Del Castagno and many others.
Your tour continues to the spectacular “Opera del Duomo” Museum. Discover important pieces including the original baptistery doors, the Pietà del Duomo sculpted by Michelangelo and the Penitent Magdalene by Donatello. At the end of the tour, you have the opportunity to climb up to the Museums terrace to admire the grandiose Dome and enjoy fantastic panoramic views over Florence.
PLEASE NOTE: Your ticket to the monuments of the Duomo is also valid for access to Santa Reparata Crypt and the Giotto Bell Tower to enjoy the most incredible views of the city, to be used within 72 hours from the issue.
Daily except Sunday (Not available on the first Tuesday of the month)
Around 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Florence Duomo Monumental Complex Guided Tour
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, a refund will be provided or an alternative will be offered.
- Children Policy: aged 0 to 5 years old are free of charge until 31st March 2020. From 1st April 2020 0 to 6 years old are free of charge . Proof of age may be requested.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Access to places of worship is allowed only if equipped with suitable clothing: is forbidden entry with shorts, bare shoulders, sandals, hats and sunglasses.
- Access to the Dome, the Campanile and the Museum is not allowed with bulky bags and backpacks.
- Cancellation Policy: Tickets can be cancelled for free up to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given after this time. No reimbursement will be granted to any client who is not at the place of departure at the time established; similarly, no reimbursement will be granted to clients who lose contact with the guide or who do not complete the tour.