Avila and Segovia from Madrid
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
See the most spectacular castle in Spain, Alcázar...
In this full-day excursion, you will visit two cities rich in history: Ávila and Segovia. The first stop will be in Ávila, where you can climb the walls, visit the outside of the Basilica of San Vicente and the outside of the Cathedral. Next stop will be Segovia where you will visit the Roman Aqueduct, the Plaza Mayor and enter the Cathedral and then go to the Alcazar.
Our guide to Avila and Segovia from Madrid
Start this full-day trip from Madrid on a comfortable bus with a guide on board until we reach Castilla y León region. We will enjoy a full-day guided tour that will take us to discover two cities rich in history: Ávila and Segovia.
The first stop in our tour will be in Avila, which is the highest capital city in Spain, at 1131m over sea level. This city preserves the most ancient and well-preserved fortification complex in Spain (from XI century). Its 2500m long wall has 90 fortified towers circling the old city, which surrounds great part of its monumental treasures including many Romanesque style churches, Gothic palaces and a fortified cathedral of the XII century. We will be able to climb the medieval walls and visit the Cathedral from the outside. At the end of the first part of the tour, you will have some free time to enjoy the city by yourself.
Next, you will visit Segovia, a UNESCO World Heritage site, most famous for its incredible Aqueduct - a relic of the Roman Empire. Dating from the time of Augustus, it spans ten miles and has one hundred and eighteen arches. Segovia is also renowned for its Alcazar, a stunning 11th-century medieval castle, set on a rocky outcrop. A favoured royal residence for many Spanish kings, this fairytale castle was reputedly the inspiration for the Disney Castle.
Why not include lunch?
The tour also includes an option to add-on a lunch and you can choose between a tourist-style lunch or a Segovian gastronomic lunch at the Solaire Restaurant.
- Sample Tourist-style lunch: La Granja White beans, Segoviana-style stuffed veal with garniture and dessert. Red wine, mineral water and coffee.
- Sample Segovian gastronomic lunch: La Granja White beans, Roasted suckling pig, Ponche cake with ice cream. Wine, mineral water and coffee.
Daily April to October. November to March: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sundays
Around 8 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Avila and Segovia from Madrid
- Lunch menus are subject to change.
- Children aged 5 years and under travel free, however please note lunch is not included.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- If the walls of the Avila are not available to view, the interior of the Basilica of San Vicente will take its place.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.
Frequently Asked Questions for Avila and Segovia from Madrid
- Does this tour include hotel transfers?
No, unfortuanatly hotel transfers are not included. Please meet at JULIÀ TRAVEL OFFICE: San Nicolás 15 (next to Plaza de Ramales).