Big Apple Helicopter Tour
4.7 stars: Based on 327 reviews via
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
A New York helicopter tour offers an unrivalled experience that lets you see this amazing city in a way unimaginable from the ground. See all the major New York landmarks including the Empire State Building and the iconic Statue of Liberty.
Our guide to Big Apple Helicopter Tour
Witness the grandeur of Manhattan's iconic skyline on the thrilling Big Apple Helicopter Tour which flies like a bird over this famous city.
Take in astonishing views of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis and Governor Islands and pass by Manhattan’s famous skyscrapers including the Empire State Building, Chrysler, Woolworth, MetLife Buildings and the One World Trade Center.
Soar above the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges, the United Nations and the USS Intrepid.
You will even catch a glimpse of world famous Central Park!
PLEASE NOTE: There is a combined Security Fee/Passenger Service Charge of $40 per person that must be paid upon check-in. Unfortunately this cannot be paid in advance.
Flights depart from 9.00am until 4.00pm daily except Sundays. Simply choose your preferred time.
Big Apple Helicopter Tour
Don’t forget to add the tax! Prices in New York are almost always exclusive of a 7% State Tax.
Average 4.7 out of 5 (327 customer reviews)
It was brilliant a great way to see the city lovely experience
Emma Leddy reviewed 24 Jun,2017
Great way too see the city amazing views but we were told we couldn't do the fly over the city only up and down the river
Trusted Customer reviewed 01 Dec,2016
A fantastic view of new York only seen in the air. Worth every penny would recommend it to everyone.
Trusted Customer reviewed 22 Oct,2016
It was actually a wedding present for my daughter and they both said it was amazing and the guide was excellent.
Trusted Customer reviewed 04 Apr,2016
Really good experience! The flight was a little quicker than we expected but got great views of the city and Statue of Liberty!
Trusted Customer reviewed 30 Jun,2015
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Big Apple Helicopter Tour
- There is a combined Security Fee/Passenger Service Charge of $40 per person that must be paid upon check-in. Unfortunately this cannot be paid in advance.
- The Big Apple Helicopter Tour is a shared flight. Each flight accommodates up to 6 persons.
- New York Helicopter Tours will only be cancelled when it is unsafe to fly, they will not be cancelled if the weather is overcast.
- If your Big Apple Helicopter Tour is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will be offered an alternative time and date to fly. If you are unable to re-schedule for a suitable time/date that fits with your plans, your ticket voucher will be given a weather stamp and you will receive a full refund.
- There is no minimum age, although infants under 2 years of age AND under 35lbs must sit on adult's lap. There is no charge for infants.
- Please note flight times are on request.
- Once your reservation is complete with Liberty Helicopters, your exact time will be confirmed. If the time you have requested is not available, we will contact you to offer an alternative time.
- There is a maximum weight allowance per passenger of 290-300lbs.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.
Frequently Asked Questions for Big Apple Helicopter Tour
- Why do I need to pay a passenger handling fee and security fee upon check-in?
These are mandatory fees imposed by the heliports and local authorities and not the helicopter operator. The fees can only be paid at the heliport upon check-in. The current charge is $40 per person.
- Do I need to book a date for my New York Helicopter Tour in advance?
Yes. Due to the huge popularity of this experience, most time slots are booked out in advance
- Where do the New York Helicopter Tours depart from?
The New York Helicopter Tours depart daily from the Downtown Heliport, Pier 6 and the East River. The location is at the southern tip of Manhattan.
- How many people can ride in a helicopter?
Each helicopter seats up to 6 passengers plus the pilot.
- What happens if my New York Helicopter Tour is cancelled due to weather?
If your New York Helicopter tour is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will be offered an alternative time and date to fly. If you are unable to re-schedule for a suitable time/date that fits with your plans, your ticket voucher will be given a weather stamp and we will be able to refund you in full on your return home.
- Is there a minimum age requirement?
There is no minimum age, although infants under 2 years of age AND under 35lbs must sit on adult's lap. There is no charge for infants.
- Is there a maximum weight allowance?
Yes, the maximum weight allowance for a passenger is 290-300lbs.