Introductory Flying Lesson
Virgin Experience Days Voucher
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Feel the adrenaline rush as you take the controls of a light plane and soar across the sky. You won't forget this incredible experience in a hurry.
Our guide to Introductory Flying Lesson
Feel the adrenalin rush as you take the controls of a light plane and soar across the sky! You get one-to-one training with a Civil Aviation Authority licensed instructor and your flying time counts towards a Private Pilot's licence.
So what happens on the day? Your flying lesson starts with a briefing from your instructor before the flight. This will cover safety and an introduction to some of the controls.
Once in the plane, your flight starts from the time the engine turns over. You will be given headphones so that you can hear conversations between your instructor and air traffic control, and so that you can talk with your instructor.
Once in the air, you will be able to take the controls but your pilot will generally land the plane and taxi back.
This experience is a great idea for a gift, as you don’t have to commit the recipient to a particular date – the choice is theirs! A voucher which will be uploaded to your customer account. Simply follow the instructions on your voucher to book your experience. Your voucher is open-dated and valid for 12 months.
The experience is available at the following locations (subject to change):
- Cambridgeshire - Cambridge
- Cambridgeshire – Peterborough
- Cornwall – Bodmin
- Derbyshire – Eggington
- Devon – Barnstaple
- Devon – Exeter
- Dorset - Christchurch
- Essex – Clacton
- Essex - Great Dunmow
- Essex - Stapleford Tawney
- Kent – Lydd
- Kent – Romney Marsh
- Lancashire – Blackpool
- Lincolnshire - Kirmington
- Merseyside - Liverpool
- Northern Ireland - County Down
- Nottinghamshire – Worksop
- Northamptonshire – Brackley
- Nottinghamshire – Retford
- Oxfordshire - Kidlington
- Scotland – Prestwick
- Staffordshire - Burton on Trent
- Surrey - Camberley
- Surrey - Redhill
- Wales – Caernafon
- Wales – Haverfordwest
- Warwickshire – Coventry
- Warwickshire – Wellesbourne
Dependent on location chosen.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Introductory Flying Lesson
- This experience is a great idea for a gift, as you don’t have to commit the recipient to a particular date – the choice is theirs! A voucher will be uploaded to your customer account. Simply follow the instructions on your voucher to book your experience. Your voucher is open-dated and valid for 12 months.
- Minimum age: 12 (under 18’s need parental/guardian consent)
- Minimum height: 4ft 10in (147cms)
- Maximum height: 6ft 4in (193cms)
- Maximum weight: 12 stone at County Down, 16 stone at Leeds, 14 to 18 stone at other locations
- Participants should be in reasonable health and agile enough to climb into the aircraft.
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to venue
- Spectators are usually welcome, without charge, but will not be able to accompany you on the plane. Facilities for spectators vary between centres, so you should check with the centre when booking.
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location.
- Flying lessons take place all year round and are normally available on any day of the week.
- We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. This is only a guideline and we advise you to book as early as possible to ensure that dates are available before the expiry date listed on your voucher. All bookings are subject to availability.
- You should allow 1 hour for your whole experience, but the flight (from taxi to landing) will last approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Once you make a booking with the Experience Operator, you are bound by their terms and conditions. Make sure you understand their rules regarding changing a booking (particularly at short notice) as amendments may not be possible in the case of infringement of these rules.
- A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher. The Cancellation Indemnity policy may provide a replacement voucher in the event of cancellation by the participant owing to circumstances beyond their control.
- Full Payment is required at the time of booking. Experience vouchers will be issued on confirmation of payment.
- Cancellation Policy: Experience vouchers can be cancelled with a full refund if cancelled within 30 days of purchase. Experience vouchers are non-refundable after 30 days of purchase and 100% cancellation charges will apply.