Getting Ready to Return to the Disneyland California Magic
A Planning Check List for A Visit to Disneyland Resort in California
Get Ready to rediscover Disneyland Resort in California. Here are some of the key things to know before you go including the new Disney Advance Reservation System for theme park reservations and the updated Park Hopper experience. Disneyland Resort may be different from the last time you visited. But together with Disney, you can find new ways to create magical moments - and memories to treasure.
Here are the top things you should know when visiting Disneyland Resort.
It may be different from the last time you visited. But together with Disney, you can find new ways to create magical moments - and memories to treasure.
- To enter a Disneyland California Park, both a valid Disneyland California Ticket AND a date-specific theme park reservation are required.
If you have a multi-day ticket, you must make a park reservation for each date of your visit. Prior to purchasing tickets, be sure to view theme park reservation availability online
- Park Hopping privileges start at 1.00pm - If you have a Park Hopper Ticket and an appropriate park reservation, you may visit the second Disneyland California Theme Park on the same day anytime after 1.00pm, subject to the park’s capacity limitations.
- Face coverings are required for all guests over the age of 2 years in all indoor locations, regardless of vaccination status. This includes upon entering and throughout many attractions and in enclosed transportation vehicles, including shuttles and buses. Face coverings remain optional for Guests in outdoor common areas.
- Magic Morning and Extra Magic Hour offerings are unavailable until further notice
- Some attractions, experiences, services and amenities - such as parades and nighttime spectaculars - may be modified, have limited availability or remain closed to allow for physical distancing and limited contact
- Download the latest version of the Disneyland App - link your tickets, join the Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance virtual queue, mobile order food and beverages at select locations, view attraction wait times, park maps, and hours of operation, make dining reservations in advance, and so much more. These features also help with a more contactless experience!
Introducing the Disney Advance Reservation System
Disneyland California Park attendance is managed through a new park reservation system that requires all guests to book a reservation for park entry in advance. Without a valid Disney Ticket AND a Park Reservation, entry to the Disneyland California Parks on a specific date cannot be guaranteed.
Disneyland California Theme Park reservations are subject to availability. It is therefore recommended you make your theme park reservations as soon as you receive your Disneyland California tickets. If you have a multi-day ticket, you must make a park reservation for each date of your visit.
How It Works
To register, simply follow the steps below and count down the days before the Big Day!
- On receipt of your Disneyland California Tickets, log in to your Disney Account or create a new account.
- Link your Disneyland California Ticket(s) to your Disney Account.
- Choose your visit date. If you have a multi-day ticket, you must make a park reservation for each date of your visit.
- You receive a registration confirmation e-mail.
- On the day, be ready to present your Ticket or Pass and your registration confirmation e-mail (printed or saved on your phone) to enter the Park(s).
- Guests with a Park Hopper ticket will choose which theme park they wish to start their day - they may then visit the other park on the same day after 1.00pm and hop between both parks until they close. The ability to visit a park is subject to the park's capacity limitations.
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue
Disney will continue to use a virtual queue system for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and you can only experience the attraction by joining the virtual queue. If you’re starting your day at Disneyland Park, access the Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance virtual queue from wherever you are, beginning at 7.00am. The attraction’s virtual queue is only accessible via the Disneyland mobile app.