Dart River Funyaks & Jet Boat Safari
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Combine wilderness jet boating with unique Funyak inflatable canoes for a fun way to explore the Dart River. Funyak drift is an amazing journey deep into the heart of the world-renowned Mt Aspiring National Park. Get up-close with nature with a gentle paddle on crystal clear waters.
Our guide to Dart River Funyaks & Jet Boat Safari
Travel by coach to Glenorchy, located 28 miles from Queenstown. You'll enter the Mount Aspiring National Park, a region characterized by towering mountains, dense forests and of course, winding river valleys – perfect for exploring by canoe and boat!
After a comprehensive safety briefing get kitted up with equipment: lifejacket, wetsuit with booties, fleece and a dry bag. Then, hop aboard your jet boat and hold on tight as your guide speeds you through the waters of the Dart River. Enjoy an hour of high-speed wilderness jet boating through the clear waters of the Dart River into the Te Waipounamu World Heritage Area and finally on to your Funyak launch site.
Professional, friendly guides then take you on an inspiring adventure as you gently 2 hour drift in your own Funyak. Enjoy the peace and tranquility of this stunning area at your own pace as you float downstream on sparkling water, then enjoy a wilderness picnic lunch efore continuing downstream to Paradise. Here you'll be by 4WD coach to Glenorchy, stopping to view the stunning scenery that was used in the filming of the Lord of the Rings Triliogy plus other Hollywood blockbusters.
Daily, year round.
8.00am May to October | 10.00am November to March | 7.45am or 10.15am April.
Around 9 hours in total.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Dart River Funyaks & Jet Boat Safari
- Tour is suitable for most ages with average fitness, no previous experience is required.
- Wetsuits are provided - please bring a towel plus swimwear to wear underneath.
- Tour concludes approximately 9 hours after commencement, at Queenstown Information Centre, corner of camp and Shotover Streets.
- Minimum age is 5 years. Minimum height is 3.3 feet (1 metre).
- This tour operates with a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 21 passengers.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.