Waiheke Island Explorer Tour
- Free cancellations
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Explore the scenic highlights of Waiheke Island on this 3-hour tour from Auckland...
Combine your ferry travel to Waiheke Island with a 1½ hour scenic tour plus unlimited bus travel for the rest of the day. It’s a great way to make the most of a day trip to Waiheke, offering you flexible and cost effective transport and introducing you to the island's best sights.
Our guide to Waiheke Island Explorer Tour
Once a sleepy backwater, Waiheke gained a reputation for being a hippie haven in the 1960s and the first vineyard was established in the late 1970s starting, what is now, a bustling artisan wine industry on the island. Today, millionaires and hippies alike call the island home, enjoying the laid-back atmosphere, protected environment, lovely beaches and magnificent scenery.
Board the ferry at Auckland Ferry Terminal and enjoy a scenic 40-minute cruise to Waiheke Island through the beautiful Hauraki Gulf. On arrival at Matiatia Wharf, your friendly local driver will greet you as you leave the ferry and direct you to your coach.
Throughout the 1.5 hour tour, you’ll learn about the island’s history and culture - see Waiheke’s most stunning coastal vistas, as well as some of the island's hottest properties.
You'll pass beautiful hillside vineyards, look down on sweeping sandy beaches and get a real insider view of island life.
When the tour is over you can catch the ferry back to Auckland OR take advantage of the complimentary All Day Bus Pass allowing you to further explore the island at your own pace.
Daily, year round. This tour does not operate on Christmas Day.
Tour departs every 60 minutes.
5 hours (allow at least 3 hours).
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Waiheke Island Explorer Tour
- Present your voucher at ticket offices located at Pier 1 or Pier 2 and be exchanged for tickets no later than 30 minutes prior to sailing.
- Rough or bad weather may cancel cruises.
- Although there's not a great deal of walking involved (unless you want to!), it's a good idea to bring water, sunscreen and a hat, as the island can get very hot in the summer. A comfortable pair of shoes is recommended.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.
Frequently Asked Questions for Waiheke Island Explorer Tour
- What should I wear?
Although there's not a great deal of walking involved (unless you want to!), it's a good idea to bring water, sun screen and a hat, as the island can get very hot in the summer. A comfortable pair of shoes are recommended.