Florida Adventure Tour - Swim with Manatees
4.7 stars: Based on 72 reviews via
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Swim with majestic Manatees in their natural environment...
Head to Florida’s Nature Coast for a leisurely boat ride along the Crystal River and the memorable chance to swim with majestic Manatees in their natural environment. A once in a lifetime experience!
Our guide to Florida Adventure Tour – Swim with Manatees
Enjoy a day away from the theme parks on this nature tour to Homosassa State Park including the unmissable chance to see endangered Manatees (also known as a Sea Cow) in their natural environment. The Manatee is an endangered species native to the many spring-fed rivers covering the State and there’s no better place to find them in Florida than Crystal River in Citrus County.
After an early departure from Orlando, enjoy breakfast on the coach as your head to Florida's Nature Coast. On arrival, meet your expert Manatee guide for a leisurely narrated boat ride through the heart of Manatee country in search of these gentle giants. If you are lucky you will be able to interact with the manatees - you are encouraged to swim and snorkel with these beautiful creatures under the guidance of certified Dive Masters. Alternatively, you can just sit back, relax and enjoy the natural surroundings.
After the manatee experience, continue to Homosassa State Wildlife Park. Enjoy Lunch while you explore the Wildlife Park. One of Florida's best-kept secrets, this natural wonderland is home to a wealth of wildlife including more manatees, bears, panthers, alligators and even a hippopotamus!
Your day ends with an exhilarating airboat adventure on the beautiful Withlacoochee River; keep your eyes open for manatees, dolphins and a whole host of other wildlife that often accompany the boat. It’s a perfect day out for the entire family!
Florida Adventure Tour Pick-up Locations and Timings (subject to change):
Please note some pick-up locations generally require a change of vehicle before travelling to Crystal River.
|Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa - 8113 Resort Village Dr, Orlando, FL 32821||7.25am|
|Wild Side Bar & Grill - 7725 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, FL 32821||7.30am|
|Swan Hotel at Disney (Shuttle) - 1200 Epcot resort Blvd, Bay Lake, Fl, 32830 (Main Bus Stop)||7.45am|
|Firehouse Sub at Crossroads - 12515 State Rd. 535 Ste 515 Orlando, FL 32836||7.50am|
|Universal Resort Bus Loop - Bus Space #71- 5855 Universal Blvd, Orlando, Fl 32819||8.00am|
|Rosen Inn International - 7600 International Dr, Orlando, Fl 32819||8.05am|
|Rosen Inn Pointe - 9101 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819||8.10am|
|Senor Frogs - 8747 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819||8.15am|
Tuesday and Friday.
Around 12 hours in total. Transfer Time: 2 hours each way.
Special Offers for Florida Adventure Tour – Swim with Manatees
Dine out more and spend less with a FREE Orlando VIP Shop & Dine 4 Less Card Gold which offers amazing discounts for up to 4 persons at over 100 Orlando restaurants plus EXCLUSIVE GOLD EXTRAS.
Average 4.7 out of 5 (72 customer reviews)
GREAT day out. Breakfast on the bus, Visit to a zoo, swimming with manatees ( glorious!! ) airboat ride ( got soaked!! ) Lunch and breakfast were ok, but nothing hot. The lady on the tour bus was SOO good!
June Perez reviewed 24 Mar,2020
A good day out. We didn't manage to see any manatees, but the operators tried their best and the rest of the day was very enjoyable.
Trusted Customer reviewed 06 Mar,2020
Great to see the Manatees in there own environment. Very informative to hear how they are doing in the wild and that the population is slowly growing.
Trusted Customer reviewed 29 Sep,2019
The swim with manatees was out of this world .i had never heard about the manatees until one of my friend mentioned them , so when I booked to go to Florida we looked into it and saw this on your web page and the tour included airboat ride and a wild life park with breakfast and lunch excellant will use you again
Adrian Knaggs reviewed 30 Apr,2019
This was an excellent day with lots crammed in its excellent value for money. We were lucky to see Manatees in April so check the site for the best months before you go as sightings are not guaranteed at certain times of year. Dont forget to ring 72hrs before the trip to confirm your collection point. Lunch is included in the price but if you have any dietary requirements please ensure you tell them when you call 72hrs before the trip. The wildlife centre was lovely and we would have liked more time here. The airboat ride was the best we have ever done! The company Dolphin Tours were excellent and Madeline helped to make the trip excellent! Highly recommended.
Trusted Customer reviewed 27 Apr,2019
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Florida Adventure Tour - Swim with Manatees
- Due to the natural conditions of this experience, an encounter with the Manatees cannot be guaranteed. However, the expert Coast Guard-certified boat captains will do everything they can to make this happen. However, due to the water temperature and abundance of food, there is a population of around 80 Manatees that live in the Crystal River year-round. During the winter the numbers swell to around 300.
- The Florida Adventure Tour runs from central location points in Orlando and you will need to make your own way to one of these departure points. This is a change to arrangements from previous years, but has been implemented to save you time sitting on a coach that calls at each hotel in Orlando – that’s a lot of hotels! The result is a much more fluid and punctual tour that will add to your enjoyment of the day.
- Wetsuits are not included but can be rented on the day for $10.00 and act as an excellent buoyancy aid. The water temperature is around 72 degrees Fahrenheit year-round.
- Free parking is available at the following pick up points (subject to change without notice), Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa, Wild Side Bar & Grill, Firehouse Sub at Crossroads and The Rosen Inn international. Local parking charges apply at The Swan Hotel at Disney and Universal Resort Bus Loop. Parking is not available at Rosen Inn Pointe.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled up to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post-departure.
Frequently Asked Questions for Florida Adventure Tour - Swim with Manatees
- Is a hotel pick-up included?
The Florida Adventure Tour runs from central location points in Orlando and you will need to make your own way to one of these departure points. This is a change to arrangements from previous years, but has been implemented to save you time sitting on a coach that calls at each hotel in Orlando – that’s a lot of hotels! The result is a much more fluid and punctual tour that will add to your enjoyment of the day.
- Where will my tour depart from?
The pick-up locations are arranged so that you do not need to travel too far to your nearest point. The actual location will be given at the time of booking when you advise us of your hotel. If you do not have your hotel information available at the time of booking, you will be advised of your pick-up point when you call to reconfirm your tour in resort.
- How do we confirm a date for the tour?
All dates can be booked in advance through Attraction Tickets Direct. Should you wish to leave the date open, no problem, just call the tour provider once you arrive in Florida.
- What time does the tour depart?
Your exact departure time is given when you confirm a specific date.